black Diamond- Mtbr.com

Thread: black Diamond

mtbr member

black Diamond

anyone with any thoughts Re: the black diamond triple or double? -/+

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    yes--go out and get it....i have a 2007 BD3 and its insane...fork and shock are both air so they take a bit of time to dial in (about 3-4 rides) no big deal really...youre local should be able to help you out with that...its light as hell...37lbs for a 7/7.5 inch travel bike is awesome...the specs are all top notch...juicy 7 brakes, kendal tires, marz fork, fox dhx 4 shock...my main concern before i bought it was the air shock---so far so good it has been nothing but awesome on both dh/fr runs as well as trial riding...hope this helps....oh my buddy has the 06 BD3 with the coil spring...he wishes he waited a year and grabbed the 07 like i did!

mtbr "member"

got the 2005 BD2

Nice bike. Actually pedals very well and takes a beating. As stated, pretty light for a 7.5 inch travel bike. I have swapped the DHX 3.0 out for a 2007 Fox Vanilla R (the one with a reservoir). I just couldn't take the DHX 3.0 and couldn't afford the 5.0. Swapped out a bunch of other parts. got my bike down to 35 lbs - not trying to make a light weight XC racer out of it but just happened I got the bike set up as I wanted it for the trails around here. Probably gets near 37 lbs when I put the burlier parts back on for the ski slopes.

REEK

Feb 2006
    yeah i got a 2006 Black Diamond Double and when you pedal up and down the street sprinting or toodling along it has like no pedal bob what-so-ever like i owned a hardtail before i got this and cant pick the differnece, yet when you do bunnyhops or jump up and down on it its as plush as hell!!!! its really cool how this frame design works!! depends on what type of riding you do really like,
    Double = A bit of everything, Freeride, Downhill, Dirt Jumps or even XC if your game lol.
    Triple = No X-ups(triples if were talking 06), More Freeride Orientated and Downhill, you could probably race it stock and get a few podiums if your good.

Members who have read this thread: 0