You get to say, "I helped build that."- Mtbr.com
    I need skills
    Jul 2004

You get to say, "I helped build that."

It is time for a big day on the Roche. It is exciting to be able to (finally!) rebuild more trail. Ride Saturday, build Sunday.

Sunday, Sept 20th is our big day (yep, there's gonna be conflicting events). Rebuilding begins at 9:00 AM! Live music on the trail! Clif bars (thanks Clif!) and the usual tomfoolery will all be present. The early arrivals get the best parking spots. See below for maps and motivation.

Salvage logging has ended on the West side of the loop. Last week the FS allowed us to bring in a machine to push tornado and logging debris out of the way. It will still take time, but the result of that "push" means much easier work for us and some awesome route choices.

Like the rest of the trail; the finished product is gonna be unique and very cool to ride. You get say, "I helped build that!"

Wear appropriate footwear. We have some tools to share, but bring what you have too.

Hope to see you there,

Charlie Johnson
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    We had a great trail day Sunday. We successfully punched through the tornado damage on the West side of the loop. Yahoo!

A dedicated group of methodical mountain bikers, a Mcloed in one hand, a rogue-hoe in the other, carved the soil into a work of art.

Tools were rhythmically swinging. Whether an attempt to keep with the beat of the live music, or cover it up, is debateable.

An excellent turnout. Thank you!

The new trail is better than the previous trail. Super flow, dazzling views and effortless rolling are all included.

Only a very short section was not buffed to single track perfection (we ran out of time, we don't get tired).

We are so close to having our entire trail back! I am really hoping this happens sometime in October. Be confident I'll keep you posted.

Our big party is approaching. Oct 10th, Biketoberfest. Meet at the Boulder lake boat launch lot 1:00 PM. See the Whirled tour post for more details.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Dirt Bike Annie

Thanks for the post CJ. I think I finally caught a notice on time and as of writing have no plans for the 10th so I will most likely see you there eager to work. 2ridetoo.

Members who have read this thread: 0