Work Begins On a New Trail at Cam-Rock, WI 3/29/8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Work Begins On a New Trail at Cam-Rock, WI 3/29/8

Cam-Rock Area 3 in Rockdale Wisconsin will be getting an expansion. Work starts Saturday March 29th 8AM. Meet at the parking lot.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=42.972878,-89.031057&amp;spn=0.044149,0.080338&amp;z=14&amp;o utput=embed&amp;s=AARTsJpnOA3ioEtcI9rx_v7gyZqlolGT Yw"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=42.972878,-89.031057&amp;spn=0.044149,0.080338&amp;z=14&amp;s ource=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Just click on the "Get Larger Map" button

For more information:

http://madcitydirt.org/

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the snow will be gone by then. If nothing else we can clear brush and dead fall.

Walt

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    If it appears like it does in my browser - with no image - just click on the View Larger Map and it'll give ya the details.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member

I forgot to mention...

...that there will be a post-work get together at Heather's in Rockdale. There will be a chance to do a little socializing instead of just working.

The weather has taken a turn for the better, and the forecast is for some sun on Saturday. Chuck gave us an update at the group meeting on Thurday and said that the snow is gone in the open areas and we will definitely be able to cut some trail. The new Yard Boss is scheduled for an appearance and we have high hopes that it will speed the work.

BTW, the FORBIDDEN Google error is very cool!. Makes our trail seem kind of outlaw.

Walt

Sweep the leg!
    I was planning to come, but I'm needed at work Saturday. I'm sure to make the next one or go on my own.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member

Good results

Thanks to everyone who came to the work day. We had a great turn out, about 14 people. We got an estimated 1/3 mile of trail built. It's all singletrack that replaces the old doubletrack, so I'm pleased.

Edit: The Yard Boss was a total failure in the open grass. The dead grass wound around the shaft and stalled it after only a few minutes of operation. But it worked very well cutting bench in the wooded hillside.

Walt

Members who have read this thread: 0