Wisconsin Freeride Day 4/26- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Wisconsin Freeride Day 4/26

Tentatively planned for Saturday April 26th at Nordic MTN with the lift running from 12o to 5:00

check http://rivendownhill.com/nordic.aspx
    and http://www.freepowerboard.com/rivendownhillforum
    for more info as it becomes available

please post if you are interested so i can figure out what a lift pass will run

thanks,
    andy
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    how far is nordic mtn bke park frm chicago? like it takes how many hours?

mtbr member
    mapquest says 3 to 4 hrs

here is the address:
    Nordic Mountain Ski Area
    W5806 County Rd W
    Wild Rose, WI 54984

mtbr member
    i would be interested

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    maybe, isn't platteville the same weekend?

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopie
    maybe, isn't platteville the same weekend?
    Platteville is the 19th and 20th
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    so m00ch and I went out there on saturday (3/29) and flaged out a new dh run. the run should be really fun with lots of rocks. we also looked at a couple of other areas for trails but need the snow to melt first so we can see where all the x/c trails are.

as of right now I am hoping to start building trails on saturday, april 12th. unfortunately it is up to ma nature whether their will be enough snow melted and the weather is workable.

please remember that we (riven downhill) are doing this for everyone to enjoy, and have nothing to gain from it. we are fortunate enough to have a hill owner who is willing to work with us and give this a try. with that said, he is the one who pays the bills, so the final call on everything is up to him.

thanks
    andy
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    1st build day is done. 4 of us braved the falling snow and started on some new stuff at Nordic Mtn. We have the new DH course cleared (not done) and also started on a freeride trail. A few pics are available HERE. We are still planing on the 26th of April (as long as it warms up and we get rid of some more snow) We are planing on having 3 trails done and open by then.

Hope to see you there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Fisher,

What kind of cost are we looking at here?

mtbr member
    for a printable flyer click https://rivendownhill.com/Documents/nmfreerideflyer.pdf

and thanks to whoever made this a sticky

mtbr member
    i so wish i could come but its a little far for weekend right now

will there still be hike a bike all year
    Last edited by penfuin; 04-19-2008 at 04:43 PM.

aka greyranger

April 26

Is it still on? I may be coming from NW Indiana and would like to know by the end of the week if is still a go before I make the drive. Thanks

mtbr member
    we have four trails cleared and rideable, 2 dh and 2 freeride. we rode everything but the big drop (it wasn't done by the time i had to get out of there) everything flows together pretty well even though the trails really need to be ridden in (they are soft). i do wish we had time to get some more stuff done but 4 guys can only do so much in 3 days.

some new pics are up here

hope to see you there
    andy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    Is it still on? I may be coming from NW Indiana and would like to know by the end of the week if is still a go before I make the drive. Thanks
    i will talk to the owner tomorrow and see if it is a lock, or when the latest i will know is. right now i would say it is 90% (weather is the only concern)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i will be there no doubt. i saw pics of the trail on the site and it looks awesome. we need a little more of this to be happening. keep it up. i will spread the word about the weekend and see if i can get more people. how many races are you hosting this year. is the only race the suburu cup. if it is you should try to get more going. i will talk to some local bike shops and see if they would be interested in trying to get another race if you would like me to. let me know.
    Zach

mtbr member
    Me and two friends are planning on driving up on sat., it's about a 2 hour drive for us. We've been driving out of state to hit lift access trails and would be nice to have something in our home state. If this takes off we would be willing to help build and dig.

mtbr member
    any updates on if its still on or not? currently it is pouring in oshkosh, but its supposed to clear up and be just cloudy tomorrow

mtbr member
    it is on

mtbr member
    so when will the park be open for regular use? i want to get up there tomorrow, but my dumb*** managed to make other plans so i cant make it.

another question i have is will i be ok riding there on my 4" FS? what is the general size of the jumps and drops?

and take lots of pics and video to rub into those of us unable to make it.

mtbr member
    beautimous i will be there tomorrow

mtbr member
    how was it out there

mtbr member
    FR day was a good time man. I would say the only problem was that the trails could have been marked better, but at the same time I realize that the Riven guys had only 3 weeks to build 3 new trails and they were working in the snow for most of that time. All in all the place rocked and was well worth the 3 hour trip from the Chicago burbs. I'll be coming back for sure for the DH race and I may try to come up for a hike-a-bike once or twice this summer.

mtbr member
    it was a blast, i had some major troubles on my campus xc commuter lol untill my freeride-ish hardtail showed up (with my family) and i say i just had less troubles, it was more challenging then i thought it would be but i still had a great time and you guys did an awesome job on the trails, the rock garden was fun (but real tough i only nailed it once) any word on opening the lifts up more this summer, like a weekend a month or something?

mtbr member
    Had a great time, and will be coming back out to ride. I have to, cause I have to hit the big drop. Really liked the hip jump, that one will be really fun once the trail is a little more broken in and dry. It sounded like a lot of people were gonna come out and support Riven's hard work. The owner of the hill did say he was planning on running the lifts once a month after the DH race in June or something. Hopefully Riven DH will continue to post the events, or build days.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    siiick man glad it went well. I was plannin' on rollin' out but I'm nursing some contused ribs.(which sucks by the way) anyone get video of the trails? I'll be at the DH race for sure!

Thanks for the work Riven Crew!

weRd
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    So are these trails always open during the summer w/o lift? Is there a straight shot up the mountain? Because it wouldn't be that hard to climb up two or three times I wouldn't think.

mtbr member
    thanks to everyone who came out to ride saturday, i hope you all had a good time.

a short video is here http://rivendownhill.com/nordic.aspx

some pics are posted here http://rivendownhill.com/nmbp.aspx and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgepho...50081243/show/

andy

Members who have read this thread: 0