Wisco: Rib Mountain/Granite Peak- Mtbr.com
    lookin' for a hill

Wisco: Rib Mountain/Granite Peak

Does anyone know if there has ever been any talk of creating trails at the ski resort in wausau for summer bike riding? this could create a revenue for the resort in the use of lifts and such. just wondering if a proposal has ever been made.

mtbr member
    not that i know of.
    we are working with nordic mtn which is much smaller, but willing to let us do pretty much anything we want. the biggest problem is that a lot of people say they want a place like this to ride, but very few are willing to lend a hand or even show up to ride when we get the lifts running. the owner is only making a few bucks after the costs of running the lifts are taken out, which isn't too promising considering he has had no costs involved with the trail building as we are taking care of all of that.
    we are going to hold off on anymore trails being built for this year but do have some great things planned for next year.
    we do have one more nordic mtn freeride day planned for october 18th and i will be posting more info soon. we are hoping for a good turnout.
    if this does take off there may be some other area hills willing to give it a try, but until then i don't see it happening.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ufisher just went there today-awesome as usual. the new dh trail you guys put in is awesome-pretty lengthy too. heads up- on the drop after the teeter totter(if you go to the right) one of the boards is broken in half. i put some sticks up in front of it to warn people. i ride there a lot and never see people...does anyone go there? when do you guys ride?

mtbr member
    wisbike--we don't get there as much as we would like. i live an hour away, am married with a 6 and 7 year old and a bunch of house projects so usually trail build days and freeride days are about it. (as with everyone else who has been working there).
    i am glad you are using the trails and having a good time, that is why we built them. the new trail is going to be gone next year because of a new ski run but it sounds like it is going to give us an opportunity for something even better so we will have to see.
    if you can, come out on october 18th for the freeirde day and get as many people out there as you can. the owner is looking at a freeride day once a month for next year and a good turnout would definitely help with that.
    if you ever want to come out to ride with us or lend a hand with trail work, watch our message board for days we will be there.

andy

Members who have read this thread: 0