Wis Gun Deer hunt in EARLY Oct. Voice your opinion.- Mtbr.com
    I need skills
    Jul 2004

Wis Gun Deer hunt in EARLY Oct. Voice your opinion.

Last edited by cjohnson; 11-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    WHat I get from this is that you hypocritically think that non-hunters deserve the rights to woods more than hunters do. It's also not much of an argument that it's a threat to npn-hunters because they are naive to proper safety precautions. It sounds like there are several adequate measures taken to notify non-hunters that the woods they are using is also going to have hunters in it, and they ignore it. That's the fault of the ignorant, not the hunters.

Sep 2008
    Thank you for posting this for I can voice my support for continued hunting in the Kettle Moraine Forest. Being that Hunting and Fishing pays for 80% of all state land management I am grateful for their support. Also gun hunting only takes up 1/15th of the allowed time in the Forrest and MTB and Hiking take up the rest, I don't mind sharing at all really...

mtbr member
    Well, granted there is deer hunting early, but did you ever think if we didn't have a deer season. Have you ever hit a deer in a car, motorcycle? The way to keep the deer population in check is hunting them. If we didn't, they would be out of control. I say SHOOT THEM DEERS! GO HUNTERS! Any ways, where some orange when you go out in the woods and you'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkin34
    Thank you for posting this for I can voice my support for continued hunting in the Kettle Moraine Forest. Being that Hunting and Fishing pays for 80% of all state land management I am grateful for their support. Also gun hunting only takes up 1/15th of the allowed time in the Forrest and MTB and Hiking take up the rest, I don't mind sharing at all really...
    Amen.

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    Last edited by cjohnson; 11-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.

mtbr member
    CJ, I would drop this argument before it blows out of control, especially in the MN/ WI area where there are a lot of deer hunters. We all have our own opinions and arguing this any more will just end with a argument about gun laws or animal abuse.

Wear orange when your on the trails for safety, share the forest and

PEDAL DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by vfrrider17; 11-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.

MN/WI
    Besides, if you reduce the time for hunting, the drop in liquor sales will harm the local economy. Just don't wear that antler helmet...
    Remember, nobody knows. So let's find out...

Members who have read this thread: 0