winona mn riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

New question here. winona mn riders

Hey I will be in the area next weekend 30,31,1 and looking for some ride help . Is there any good rides close to town? not looking for bike path type stuff . more xc with some good mix climb descend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Flood

If I remember right it may be the town that got hard hit by recent down pour and flooding.
    I feel bad for those towns that were hit hard. As one of the corn growers growled, MN corn growers could either have had too much rain or the lack there of.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    talked to my sis and she thought most of the trails would have been washed out, but hope to ride some winona was ok in the flood but places up the bluffs were hit hard

Witty McWitterson
    I've got a friend that lives at the foot of the trails, and he says that they're mostly OK. Some washed out sections, but considering the fact that they got like a FOOT (yes 12") of rain, they faired amazingly well. By the time you get there, they may be ridable. We've still been getting rain daily...sucks. My trails are completely water logged.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    are said trails near town or are they driven to?

sh*t eater
    Jan 2004
    http://tinyurl.com/29gjez

Follow that link for the trailhead. Holzinger Lodge Trails are easily accessible from town and I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by them. The trails are not very well marked so you might stop in at Adventure Cycle and Ski in town for a heads up on good routes. Otherwise check the trail review of it on mtbr for some suggested routes as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Never mind I misread the title, the mn didn't register in my head as MN and I don't know how to delete my post.
    Last edited by Reachout; 08-30-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: original post about different trail

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks for the info, I decided not to take a bike
    but the funny thing is we had a prewedding cook out at holzinger lodge.

Members who have read this thread: 0