WinMan Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: WinMan Trails

Bike Now, Beer Later

WinMan Trails

My aunt and uncle have a cabin up there (on Harris Lake) and they had just mentioned some new trails had gone up. How are they? I see bitflogger had commented about them in a previous post. This was the first mention of them I'd seen on here. Thanks
    I am certainly uncertain, at least I'm pretty sure I am.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XRayPunk View Post
    My aunt and uncle have a cabin up there (on Harris Lake) and they had just mentioned some new trails had gone up. How are they? I see bitflogger had commented about them in a previous post. This was the first mention of them I'd seen on here. Thanks
    It's a small but fun stop with totally modern or flow trail as main attraction. A recent trip there with fellow CORP board member, his daughter and my wife was interesting in that two riders who are cautious and don't like old school rough trail had a great time while the two of us who love expert trail had fun with low level flight and playing with gravity.

The builders there did a VERY good job of climbing without the rider hurting to do it and then utilizing the space for the trip down.

It's a small place so I'm not sure about making it a destination as much as I could not see driving past Manitowish area without zipping around there. It says a lot that a group divided by their riding interests all had a good time.

My feelings are many people know 9 Mile when they drive up Highway 51 but are daft to other places just off of that highway - Standing Rocks, Washburn Lake, Underdown, Raven etc..... If you want hours of riding combine WinMan with something else near or on the way.

Bike Now, Beer Later
    Thanks a bunch for the review! My parents still live in Stevens Point, so I ride Standing Rocks every time i go back. I've ridden the Raven a couple times. Like that place. Still need to hit Underdown and Washburn.
    I am certainly uncertain, at least I'm pretty sure I am.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    It's a great trail. My friend and his crew are the ones responsible for building it. It's fast and flowy and great for a novice rider. Most obstacles such as rocks and roots have been removed and there isn't a lot of climbing involved. There are some jumps in sections and some sections have rock and log features. Most features also have a ride around for the novice rider.

It has 7 miles of rideable single track and another mile or so is being added this year. Its an ongoing project so I am not sure how many miles there will be once its it's complete.

Like bitflogger mentioned, you can hit Underdown, Washburn and Raven on the way there. Raven is the closest to WinMan only about half hour away.

Couple vids from my ride there...

Last edited by prj71; 08-07-2015 at 08:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
    Most obstacles such as rocks and roots have been removed
    What?! They removed rocks from a mountain bike trail??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hills View Post
    What?! They removed rocks from a mountain bike trail??
    Moved would be a better description for this location. Moved so you have choices to fly, ride on, or roll around.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I rode the WinMan trails on and off this past summer and had a blast on them. Very nicely done. On top of that there are miles and miles of logging/fire roads that branch off of the WinMan trails. If you bring the area up on google maps you will see all the roads branching off for miles.