WI State S.S. Champs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

WI State S.S. Champs

Is anyone attending this event? There seems to be minimal information out on it. WEMS has some info. Has anyone done this event in the past?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by waterxracer585 View Post
    Is anyone attending this event? There seems to be minimal information out on it. WEMS has some info. Has anyone done this event in the past?
    The WEMS site has detailed information about the race.

WEMS Championship & Wisconsin Singlespeed Championship – Levis/Trow Mound – October 1st, 2011 | Wisconsin Endurance Mountain Bike Series

What else do you need to know? I'll be there doing the 100 mile WEMS race. The course, terrain, and scenery are awesome but bring your climbing legs and technical skills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I guess I would like to know if there will really be doing the S.S. race? Has there been a WI SS championship race in the past couple years? Will Jesse Lalonde show up since he did request the 62 event? I'll be honest, I love a good hard fast race as much as anyone (Copper Harbor being my new favorite), but I'm not so much a fan of the 62 mile part of this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I guess I would like to know if there will really be doing the S.S. race? Has there been a WI SS championship race in the past couple years? Will Jesse Lalonde show up since he did request the 62 event? I'll be honest, I love a good hard fast race as much as anyone (Copper Harbor being my new favorite), but I'm not so much a fan of the 62 mile part of this.
    According to the schedule it will be occuring at 10:00am.

Yes, the last S.S. championship race was ran concurrent with the WEMS Blue Mound race last year.

Don't know if Jesse will show but he will most likely win if he does.

Well if your not concerned about winning the S.S. Championship title then there is nothing stopping you from entering one of the other races and riding your single speed. There are 25, 50, and 100 mile races as well.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

they are too late.

I have it good authority that the State Single speed championship race was held last weekend at Underdown. Sanctioned by three dudes drinking beer. Attended by several. Winner wishes to remain anonymous but can be identified a small "1st" painted on to his top tube. Sorry WEMS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    I have it good authority that the State Single speed championship race was held last weekend at Underdown. Sanctioned by three dudes drinking beer. Attended by several. Winner wishes to remain anonymous but can be identified a small "1st" painted on to his top tube. Sorry WEMS.
    Sorry that the rest of us weren't invited to the party.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm really only interested in the S.S. Champs. Otherwise, your suggestion of doing one of the other distances is very valid!

I personally think it would be cool to up level of the S.S. Champs and make it a stand alone event with a Jersey going to the overall winners (Male / Female). Something along the lines of what Georgia has going on: Georgia State Single Speed Championships

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm really only interested in the S.S. Champs. Otherwise, your suggestion of doing one of the other distances is very valid!

I personally think it would be cool to up level of the S.S. Champs and make it a stand alone event with a Jersey going to the overall winners (Male / Female). Something along the lines of what Georgia has going on: Georgia State Single Speed Championships
    Not a single speeder myself but that would be a cool event. I think it's great that WEMS allows this race, S.S. Champs, to be piggy backed onto their endurance race. They could be asses and just tell the SSers to go find there own race. Although I don't think it's WEMS's responsibility to plan the SS event. They are just provided the course layout and venue.

I feel your pain though in regards to 62 miles. Not to thrilled about doing the 100 myself but I'm a series racer and you got to do what you got to do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    WEMS page states online registraition to close Sept 29. Is there on site day of registration and will there be an upcharge?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Litemike View Post
    WEMS page states online registraition to close Sept 29. Is there on site day of registration and will there be an upcharge?
    Yes, there is on-site registration at all WEMS races and the only time entries are discounted is if you preregister within 7 days of the event.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I big Thank You goes out to WEMS for hosting the S.S. Champs. It was a tough race, but well worth it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Good job! Great Event!

I big Thank You goes out to WEMS for hosting the S.S. Champs. It was a tough race, but well worth it.
    Great Race and Great Venue! How did you do? I took the win in the WEMS 100 mile race.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST View Post
    Great Race and Great Venue! How did you do? I took the win in the WEMS 100 mile race.
    I took 2nd behind Jesse Lalonde in the S.S. Champs. My legs are still yelling at me, 5 laps was more than enough. Nice work in the 100 mile race!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I took 5th in the SS Champs. First time racing the Champs, first time riding 62.5 miles on a MTB - well, riding most of it, first time night riding...not the last WEMS race I will do. Epic doesn't begin to sum it all up. Thank you one and all.

=========
    congrats gents!