WI: Hit New Fane Today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

WI: Hit New Fane Today

Have not ridden this shorty in years, had a good time. Dry enough with a few wet spots, loose rocks and damp roots to make it fun at-speed. My Dragon was smokin' on that trail, I'm really enjoying the bike. The down-side, the skeeters...holy gawd...they were brutal but if you maintain speed and never stop you'll be alright. Saw only 3 other bikes in the lot and never ran into any of them on the trail, saw 1 hiker who was running for his life (skeeters agian).

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    New Fane! Nice trails..just kinda dissapointing..Just about the time you get your groove on...you're at the parking lot! Doh!
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybikejones
    New Fane! Nice trails..just kinda dissapointing..Just about the time you get your groove on...you're at the parking lot! Doh!
    If you roll 2 or 3 fast laps on the outer ring non-stop its a good cardio burn. I used to ride the Ice Age Trail up that way heavily in the late 80's - early 90's, it just kills me that that option is no longer available.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Back in my pre fattybikejones day (mid to late 90s) I lived in the West Bend area and rode the Ice Age trails like a mad dog!. Some of that stuff was brutal..ahhh sweet pain!
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

Members who have read this thread: 0