WI.: Alpha Trails- Mtbr.com
    WI. Big Boy MTBer

WI.: Alpha Trails

Just checked the Alpha trail in Southeastern WI.. Located in Hales Corners at the Crystal Ridge ski area Meto Mountain Bikers did a great job with these trails Fun stuff! no huge climbs but enough technical stuff to keep you awake! Thanks to Marty Weigel and crew for giving us city bound folks some decent dirt to play in!!
    Last edited by fattybikejones; 08-30-2008 at 03:27 PM.
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, the Metro Mountain Bikers are actually starting to make Milwaukee a mtn bike destination (not sure that is their intention). Crystal Ridge/Alpha is the best, but there's also a little fun to be had at Hoyt park, and the new trails they're working on at Harley woods are pretty sweet. Not many miles in each trail system, but if you do them all it adds up to a pretty good time.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by trailville
    Yeah, the Metro Mountain Bikers are actually starting to make Milwaukee a mtn bike destination (not sure that is their intention). Crystal Ridge/Alpha is the best, but there's also a little fun to be had at Hoyt park, and the new trails they're working on at Harley woods are pretty sweet. Not many miles in each trail system, but if you do them all it adds up to a pretty good time.
    Yeah..I have ridden Hoyt..Pretty cool stuff.. Still trying to find the hidden 6+ miles of singletrack just beyond the trail head at Hoyt..(Harley woods connector?) Heading out there maybe tomorrow. I hear there are alot of run out sections as well as blow downs from the scary weather we have experienced this past spring.. Hike a bike for sure.. Im just happy that all this cool singletrack is less than 1/2 hour from my house!!!

mtbr member
    I love riding Crystal Ridge. I really never ride Alpha.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Oh yeah..It's all good!!

mtbr member
    I try to ride up there 4 time a week if i can. this last weekend was kinda messed up they have the end of the trail messed up right be for you can go to alpha or go up the big hill. its like they want you to go over to alpha but it was flood last week with that 24hr rain we had. it rained last night. i am going to try to make it up there today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybikejones
    Yeah..I have ridden Hoyt..Pretty cool stuff.. Still trying to find the hidden 6+ miles of singletrack just beyond the trail head at Hoyt..(Harley woods connector?) Heading out there maybe tomorrow. I hear there are alot of run out sections as well as blow downs from the scary weather we have experienced this past spring.. Hike a bike for sure.. Im just happy that all this cool singletrack is less than 1/2 hour from my house!!!
    The Harley Woods connector starts at the corner of Swan Blvd & Meno River Pkwy. There is an opening you can drop in on the north side of the river. It is by the traffic light just before a green transformer box. If you park in the Hoyt lot, ride out and over the bridge then turn right at the light. About 20 feet from the light is the trailhead. It runs right along the river the whole way. IMO this is a lot more challenging than the Hoyt Loop. We call this the "Secret Trail". Don't tell anyone....

Members who have read this thread: 0