Where to ride in WI! Help- Mtbr.com
    GDS
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Where to ride in WI! Help

I'm in WI for the weekend and want to know were the closest place to ride is. I'm in Muskego if that helps. Is Kettle Moraine Southern Unit probably the closest? Can you ride at Crystal Ridge in Franklin, WI? Any help fast would be good. I want to go out tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Go West (MapQuest it from Muskego) to La Grange then North a bit on H to the John Muir Trails (& Emma Carlin via connector). If you want something ultra easy (speed ride) hit the Glacial Drumlin trail (start in Dousman).

GDS
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Which are the harder loops ar kettle Moraine? Are the trails marked well? Can you ride at Crystal Ridge ski resort?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I live right up the road. Yes you can ride at crystal ridge, just park in front of the lodge and follow the markers. The first one is up th e little hill that is to the left of the building. Another option is Petrifying Springs Park in Kenosha. It is right off of Highway 31 and county road A i think. I am actually heading there tomorrow with a couple friends. It is a pretty good place to ride in my opinion. Here is are links to both crystal ridge and pet. springs info.

http://www.trailville.com/wiki/WI_Ke...gs_Park_Trails

http://www.trailville.com/wiki/WI_Mi...rk_Alpha_Trail
    There are a few other trails listed on the Trailville site.
    Have fun. and good luck finding some trails.
    If it seems like a bad idea. It will make a good story.

NO,i dont proof read my poste

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The Emma Carlin is more demanding than the John Muir section at Kettle Moraine. It has much steeper and longer climbs. The blue loop at the Muir trails is the longest loop and you can tie them both together with the connector trail if you want. The trails are indeed well marked and you'd really have to try to get lost. This is your closest bet for really good trails in the area.

GDS
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks I just got back from the John Muir did the Blue loop. I may head out this weekend and try the Emma Carlin section. The Muir loop was fun but the Emma might be more of what I'm looking for. Thanks you guys have some nice trails up here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GDS
    "...just got back from the John Muir did the Blue loop....was fun but the Emma might be more of what I'm looking for."
    Same here, I thought it was pretty decent excluding that one [big] sand trap I just couldn't avoid around what, mile 7 or 8 maybe? Couple of nice twisties, tight-spots in the trees were a bit close at-speed on a occasion but the trail conditions were solid I thought. I was the guy on Jamis if you happened to see me. I only saw/passed by 5 others on the blue even though the lot was filling-up by ~09:00 (where were they all?).

I'm considering hittin' the connector & Emma Carlin next Wed AM as I'm taking the day off (rare for me). Any chance you can hit it then, I'll be there?

GDS
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Were you there with your wife? She was on a kona?

I'll be back in Chicago on Wednesday sorry

mtbr member
    heh heh - not a wife, she wouldn't have me legally! (she's watching me respond on this thread as I type ) Yeah...that was us, only me on the Blue loop though. If you are up this way again drop a PM, maybe can sync on the Emma Carlin.

Take good care,

Members who have read this thread: 0