What is open, what will be open?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Good job! Fall/Winter Riding 2011/12: What is open, what will be open?

Looking to put together a thread of trail status this late fall and winter. Here is what I know personally:

CamRock Park in Dane county is now open year-around Hopefully some snowbiking this winter as well. Of course conditions permitting.

Blue Mound continues to be open year-around based on rangers evaluation of trail condition. Snowbiking not a real potential here because of terrain.

For these two trails check the CORP website at Capital Off Road Pathfinders Check the Trail Conditions link or check out the Forums for the latest discussions.
    Last edited by TheMayor1; 11-07-2011 at 11:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hartman Creek is open all year.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    all the camba stuff will be open until the spring thaw

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I got a couple of nice late fall rides in around the state last week. Nothing official on these trails but this is what I found:

Got a nice night ride in at Evergreen Park / Quarry in Sheboygan last week. Nice ride, particularly for an urban area. Some of the trails had been leaf blown so I assume the trails are open. The roads in the park are closed and say no vehicle traffic until spring. The parking lot off Pine Grove Ave is open and where I parked.

Rode Kiekhaefer late in the week. No visible maintenance, but the trails were in fine shape. Another good ride.

I have not ridden either of these places much, but seem more to be a locals riding kind of place. No visible trail maps, etc. More like find your way around and have a good time. Neither is big enough to worry about getting lost much. But Kiekhaefer has lots of trails designated as horse and hiking only trails. Once out of the parking area the trails are seldom marked and I only hope by following others tracks I am not poaching the wrong trails. Don't want to tick off the other user groups and get bikes booted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inteq9 View Post
    Hartman Creek is open all year.
    The WDNR web site said it is closed for season.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by timewizard View Post
    The WDNR web site said it is closed for season.
    Yeah they just decided they are going to close from gun deer season until spring. The trails were originally going to be open year-round. No snow bikes at Hartman I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    No problems riding the trails at Greenbush throughout the winter but the trails will close come spring thaw. Stay off the ski trails though and be mindful of snowshoers on the singletrack. Snowshoers are snowbiking allies as they beat down a nice path for us.

=========
    Snowshoes = Snow-Bike Groomers

S. kettle is usually open until around Feb 15th - unless its closed - call the hot-line 262-594-6202

Lake Geneva Canopy Tours will be open all winter as well - Lake Geneva Canopy Tours – Zipline and Canopy Tour Adventures in Wisconsin
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Got a nice ride in at Underdown last week. Trail was frozen and a lot of fun to ride. Definitely a place I should get to more often.

The only thing posted says all trails closed for the month of April. Makes sense for frost coming out of the ground until it firms up. Nothing posted specifically about mountain bike trails open or closed, so I assume it stays open for winter riding.

There are also signs about snowshoeing and snowmobile trails cross the park. Not sure if there are any snow bikers in the area and if they work with the snowshoers on keeping trails open. After the last storm I am sure the trials are now snow covered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Levis Welcomes Fat Bikes

Stay off the ski trails but singletrack is fair game.

Trail Conditions

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    roads are always open-- ha

mtbr member
    Southern Kettle Moraine is open this weekend!