Weds. Milwaukee MTB Training Rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

... and if we just ... Weds. Milwaukee MTB Training Rides

Metro Mountain Bikers' Club "ride" continues this Weds. on the Alpha. Meet at the Alpha Trail head on S. 92nd St. This is a chance to pre-ride the probable Sport course for the upcoming Alterra WORS race. Open to paid WORBA members only, we will be doing 2 long laps (1 for women and juniors) including the HD Line, Craters of the Moon, O'Malley's, the Ski Hill Descent, Small Intestine, Road Climb, the New Cap, Kevin's Heaven and the Alpha. Renew or join ($30/person/year) before we ride..grill and chill to follow. This is a training ride, but riders of all abilities, ages 12 and up, are invited. Condition permitting, of course.
    http://metromountainbikers.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyW View Post
    Metro Mountain Bikers' Club "ride" continues this Weds. on the Alpha. Meet at the Alpha Trail head on S. 92nd St. This is a chance to pre-ride the probable Sport course for the upcoming Alterra WORS race. Open to paid WORBA members only, we will be doing 2 long laps (1 for women and juniors) including the HD Line, Craters of the Moon, O'Malley's, the Ski Hill Descent, Small Intestine, Road Climb, the New Cap, Kevin's Heaven and the Alpha. Renew or join ($30/person/year) before we ride..grill and chill to follow. This is a training ride, but riders of all abilities, ages 12 and up, are invited. Condition permitting, of course.
    http://metromountainbikers.com
    Paid WORBA members only? Thats a load of crap, sorry. Is the ALPHA trail only open to WORBA members?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The Alpha Trail is free and open to the public, conditions permitting, dawn til 10 PM... If you want to participate in a Club ride, you need to be a paid WORBA member. WORBA volunteers design, build and maintain the Alpha Trail, Crystal Ridge, Hoyt and the Oak Hill (Harley Woods) Trails.. Please, ride the trails. That's why we build and maintain them. But please, consider supporting your local, state or national trail advocacy group.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Weds. Club Ride, Week 7

See above...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Where is this at? I'm on the east side and the only trails I'm aware of that are anywhere near hear are the ones going along the milwaukee river from shorewood to riverwest.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Alpha trails & Crystal Ridge most Wednesday's: http://metromountainbikers.com/notes..._Crystal_Ridge

Also take a look here: http://county.milwaukee.gov/MountainBikeTrail8288.htm

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I guess I should add that from the Hoyt system you can just about cover 20 miles without hitting to much of the same single track more than once though it's been awhile since I rode any of that with a computer so don't hold me accountable for any mileage indications.