Two great dates in the Madison area.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Two great dates in the Madison area.

Mark your calendars for the Blackhawk Bash this Sunday, and TAKMB (Take A Kid Mountain Biking) on 10/3.

Blackhawk is the the host and these dates will also be open houses so non-members can ride the new trails. It's been exactly one year since Blackhawk has had a complete reset of all trails that include flow trail as good as it gets. You'll be able to ride the whole complex (Pleasant View next door) on these dates.

The Blackhawk Bash is the ski club's annual open house with the public welcome and able to check it all out for the upcoming membership date.

The TAKMB date is rain or shine but no or limited riding if wet. We'll have MTB movies and first come first served swag for the kids.

Events - madcitydirt.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    TAKMB looks like fun. Do you have any trails that are doable for a 6 year old with a regular bike (non-mountain). I also have a tag-along bike I could bring. I never ridden at Blackhawk so I don't know how technical the trails are.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by volfan77 View Post
    TAKMB looks like fun. Do you have any trails that are doable for a 6 year old with a regular bike (non-mountain). I also have a tag-along bike I could bring. I never ridden at Blackhawk so I don't know how technical the trails are.
    There's plenty of place and space where you don't need a dedicated MTB. There's a progression starting with a basic nearly flat oval in the woods.

Some of the the trails are as technical as it gets (big gaps, downhill runs, and rock-filled gully) but a total transformation started a year ago. Now there are 3 stacked loops that spoon feed any skill. All the new trail is done with one of the best trail professionals period, and volunteers who've been doing trail work for years. If you know what "flow trail" is, there's approx 1.6 miles of it now.

I don't know about your child, but a new trail made this year is 35 turns up from bottom to top of the ski area so pretty much any skill level can enjoy the gravity and get back up.

We hope to see you and many more there!