Traveling to Milwaukee area...trail suggestions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Traveling to Milwaukee area...trail suggestions?

I'm visiting my parent this weekend in Germantown and am bring my bike. Any trails I should definitely check out? Plan on trying out Ray's is the weather doesn't cooperate.

mtbr member
    Alpine Valley has a great trail, though it is about an hour away from Germantown.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsinite762 View Post
    Alpine Valley has a great trail, though it is about an hour away from Germantown.
    I've checked out the facebook page. I don't mind the distance, I plan on spending a day riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voghan View Post
    I'm visiting my parent this weekend in Germantown and am bring my bike. Any trails I should definitely check out? Plan on trying out Ray's is the weather doesn't cooperate.
    There's not much really close to Germantown - New Fane is probably about 20 minutes away, which has roughly 5.5 miles of singletrack. My club just built about 4.5 miles of singletrack at Pleasant Valley Park in Cedarburg, about 30 minutes from G-town. If you're looking for a longer ride, I'd suggest the John Muir/Emma Carlin System in the Southern Kettle Moraine Forest. It's about an hour away, but you can put together about 30 miles of riding if you take the connector trail between the two.

Even if the weather is decent, I suggest a trip to Ray's. That place is great, even for someone who normally rides XC. I'd recommend renting a bike so you don't spend your time worrying about your pricey components...

mtbr member
    Yeah, if you plan on doing an full day of riding then John Muir/Emma Carlin will probably the best place to go, many options. Alpine valley is just one ~7mile (I think) loop, though last time I was there they had an option for a short loop and long loop. Really wish Alpine Valley would release a map of the trail, but it is ever growing/changing so I guess it is kinda difficult to do that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Trail length doesn't matter as much to me since I'll just redo it a couple times . It was wet today so I went to Ray's . lot of fun but man I got beat up. Landed hard on my knee after a failed wall ride .

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Rock is going to be closed from the rain. And its nowhere near as fun as Muir / carlin.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I ended up riding Greenbush today. I was going to ride New Fane as well but the weather was turning and I got a but kicking on Greenbush . Damp conditions with a lot of leaves and rocks made it a fun but tiring.

Next time I'm in town I will try John Muir and the rock. John Muir looks like en epic ride but with this weather I didn't want to get caught in the rain. The Rock's website said closed for the season .

mtbr member
    Ok Alpine valley hasn't released any official maps but somebody posted this to their FB page.

Traveling to Milwaukee area...trail suggestions?-screen-shot-2014-10-17-9.06.19-pm.jpg

They even clear the trail of leaves every once in a while.