Trails in Oshkosh area??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Trails in Oshkosh area??

Hey guys,

I'll be moving from the mountains to Oshkosh soon. Just wondering if there is any good trails in the area. If you could link me to some websites or give me some tips on where to go, that'd be great.

Thanks a lot

mtbr member
    I hope you like bike paths or 45-60 minute drives.

North Kettles in Fondie 45 minutes. Lots of fun flowy singletrack, one way maybe 10-12 miles of roller coaster.

Standing rocks in Amhurst. Same description but farther drive, 60 minutes.

Reforistation camp in GB. 13-15 miles of single, 50 minutes.

More trails farther away.

Dont know what you ride but hardtail 29rs rule around here. Especially the gearless kind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well, damn. At least there's a couple places reasonably close by.

Thanks a lot!

Roc
    mtbr member
    I live in Oshkosh, and unfortunately it might be the worst place in Wi for MTB. Oshkosh is very flat and doesn't have an apparent bike culture. I mostly ride Greenbush, with the help of some recent dedicated trail builders Greenbush has really turned into a great trail system. Standing rock is also very nice, looking forward to riding more of SR this summer.

I switch between a geared FS 26er and a 29er SS.

mtbr member
    If you like racing and riding different trails there is practically a race every weekend from now until intil the middle of Oct when cross starts. You drive a little but will find 100-2500 peeps racing on a given weekend.

mtbr member
    Well don't feel bad I might be moving right down the road from the southern kettles to New London...which doesn't sound like there are any trails nearby...maybe we'll carpool haha...

mtbr member
    I attend UW-Oshkosh and I can attest to it being one of the worst mtb friendly places in WI. Too bad there isnt any trails within a half hour. Standing rocks has great singletrack, I find it flows very nicely from one section (number) to the next. If you want to do a long ride, ride them all or you can skip whole sections and get a shorter ride in.

Members who have read this thread: 0