Trails neer Kohler/Sheboygan?- Mtbr.com
    ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007

Trails neer Kohler/Sheboygan?

It looks like I may be moving down to Kohler for the summer and fall and I was wondering how many solid trails are in the area. I've been looking at the trail reviews to get an idea but it's kind of hard to find the trails if you don't know the area very well.

thanks for any info.
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

=========
    Greenbush is pretty close to Kohler

ADV
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Evergreen Park in Sheboygan has allot of trails

mtbr member
    +1 on both of those. Your two best in the Kohler area, but there's always more just a short drive away.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    As others have stated Evergreen Park in Sheboygan and Greenbush. New Fane isn't far from Greenbush either. You could burn up I43 and hit some of the trail systems around Green Bay as well. I'm not sure what the status of Kewaunee is these days. They had some good trails but there were some conflicts going on up there.

mtbr member
    Kewaunee (winter park) is riding well. They added a new bit on the finish last year, but that needs some work and settling yet. DNR section is still closed, which is very disappointing. I like to go there to run laps on the 3.5miles of trail open, and then throw disc golf on the 27-hole course that runs over the same area.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Why is the DNR section closed? That's the part by the ski hill isn't it? That was my favorite area. The part by the ATV trails is ok but I'd rather ride the other.

mtbr member
    The DNR section is just the northern (3.5'ish miles) of trail that extends above the county park boundary. The open trail is basically a single loop that goes up and down the hill in varying forms 6-7 times. The area immediately surrounding the ski hill is open, and now they actually keep up on mowing the ski runs in summer, so you don't have to detour around that. Worth the drive from Sheboygan/Kohler. I really enjoy visiting Winter Park regularly to remind me that my legs aren't half as strong as I think they are

ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007
    how is the riding in the fall? I'm used to the u.p. (keweenaw peninsula) and are trails are pretty much done by the end of October, does the weather hold out for you guys through november?

Thanks for all the info, it's greatly appreciated.
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spcarter
    how is the riding in the fall? I'm used to the u.p. (keweenaw peninsula) and are trails are pretty much done by the end of October, does the weather hold out for you guys through november?

Thanks for all the info, it's greatly appreciated.
    Hunters hit the wood in November on DNR lands but no hunting allowed in Sheboygan. Doesn't stop you from riding but take precautions. Riding through the woods with a brown jacket and a white helmet would probably be a bad idea. There are plenty of decent days in November as far as weather goes though. Although trails can be sketchy with all the fallen leaves. Last year a group from West Bend took leaf blowers around the entire New Fane system though.

VENI VEDI BIKI
    There is a paved trail running from Sheboygan to Plymouth, but it is in pretty bad shape as snowmobiles use it in winter and campers with motorized scooters use it spring-fall.

There is a great singletrack in the Kettles near Greenbush. They also have some doubletrack there, but I think it is for hiking/skiing only.

mtbr member
    I live in Green Bay, and my last trail day this past season was December 6, the Sunday before a blizzard covered everything. Last October was really wet and lame, but it was abnormal. Still, you can ride a lot of track.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    just rode Bairds creek today.. pretty fun to get back on bike.. the snow is definetely going and sketchy in some spots.. but good time..

Members who have read this thread: 0