Trails near Rhinelander WI?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Trails near Rhinelander WI?

I'm exploing an opportunity near Rhinelander and I'm wondering what the riding is like in that area. I ride pretty aggressive xc and love challenging climbs. Small drops and jumps can be fun, but at 51 I prefer to keep my wheels on the ground. I was also wondering if there are any group rides? I ride both rode and trail. Thanks for any feedback!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    There are a lot of good singletrack trails in the area. There is Washburn lake, which is forest reserve land with tight technical sections along with fast rolling singletrack and doubletrack Smokin Spoke is a trail where 2 races are hosted per year, one of them being a new WORS marathon race which is very difficult singletrack with about 15 miles or more of trails, also some difficult climbs. Hanson Lake is a small spiderweb of trails around a lake that totals 6 or 7 miles, just really fun singletrack with some technical features like elevated trails and drops. this is only a minute or two out of town. there is also the raven trail in the direction of lake tomahawk where an imba clinic was recently held, and new singletrack is continually being put in.

group rides are hosted every thursday at 6 by Bikes-N-Boards, an are bike shop. They hit up all of these trails. More info at bikes-n-boards.com or 715.369.1999

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks proxaj! Should things pan out it sounds like I'll find lots of riding pleasure in Northern Wisconsin.

Members who have read this thread: 0