Trails near Governors Dodge?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Trails near Governors Dodge?

Well, I went and made reservations for campsites at Governor's Dodge hearing there was some good biking there. After reading the trail reviews, I hear they are lame. Are their any trails nearby (w/i half hour drive) that will make this trip worth while or am I better of finding a better place to go camping. Looking for something comparable to southern Kettle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Blue Mounds should be within a half hour drive north on 151 in Mt. Horeb. Haven't ridden there but heard good things about them (Blue Mounds)

Bear
    Blue Mound is a about twenty minutes to the east and has some of the best technical singletrack in the state. Don't expect the speed you see at the Kettles as Blue Mound is much more technical. When are you going to be riding in the area? If I'm around I'd hook up for a ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Going up there this weekend and will be riding probably on Saturday only. I just wanted to make sure it is worth bringing bikes and making the 2.5 hour drive. Blue Mounds sounds good, thanks for the responses. Let me know if you want to meet up.

Bear

Bummer...

Would have been great to ride with you but I'll be up in Merill for the WEMS race on Saturday. Have fun!

Shoot me an e-mail via my mtbr profile and I'll send you a map of the Blue Mound trails with the recommended route.

Bear

mtbr member
    Make sure you ask for a trail map at Blue Mounds becuase it will have the newer trail "overload" on it. The rest of Blue is technical and slow but you can really get some speed downhill on overload...problem is you have to go up the hills to get that

I just know I never enjoyed blue as much until I road overload. The rocks can get a bit annoying by the time you reach the middle of holy shist so doing overload is a bit of fresh air!

Have a good ride...

mtbr member
    Oh..and Blue mounds def worth bring the bikes...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ha, I rode BM first, and then on another trip went out to Gov. Dodge (which is just a little ways further down the road).

Gov. Dodge is physically challenging, but pretty damn boring. Lots of slow mushy grass and no singletrack at all.

After riding it I was a bit disappointed that I had wasted a day I could have spent at BM. Oh well. I'll check the forums next time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Just got back from camping and we did make it out to the BM for a day of biking. Kind of wished we just camped there since it would have been 20 less miles of travel each way. Trails were great although I wish I had some more rock-proof tires; although tires will not make up for my lack of skills. Sill a good time despite the number of times we had to dismount. Thanks for your help.

Members who have read this thread: 0