Trails near Downtown Green Bay and Packers game advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Trails near Downtown Green Bay and Packers game advice

Hi all,

Coming in early fall for Packers game, first trip to Lambeau. We will have Saturday free - are there any trails accessible from downtown? We would need to rent bikes and ride from there.

Also, thinking of staying downtown vs. right near stadium, for better access to nightlife, breweries, etc. Is this a mistake?

Thanks!

Dartman2

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm not sure about bike rentals so I would have to check around. A quick search didn't yield many promising results. There are two main mtn biking trails in the immediate Green Bay area - Baird Creek and the Reforestation Camp. Baird Creek is more accessible via downtown Green Bay - on the east side. Here's the basic layout: Bairds Creek Mountain Bike Trail, Green Bay, WI . The Reforestation Camp is a trek so I wouldn't recommend having to ride there from downtown..hehe. Anyone else in the area can correct me on this but I think your best bet is going to be to find someone local who can lend you a couple bikes for the day and/or take you to Baird or Reforestation Camp.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    There is a FB Page for the Baird Creek Mountain Bikers, check in there and people can direct you around for shops and stuff that may rent. Shops are JB Cycles, In Comp, Peddle & Paddle, and Broken Spoke, I think maybe In Comp and Broken Spoke are closer to where you'd be staying. Baird is fun but harder than the Reforestation Camp to know you're on/off the right route if you don't know your way around. I'd bet you could get somebody to ride with you on a Saturday in the fall and show you around.

I think there is plenty of stuff to do either around the stadium or around downtown. I'd probably pick around the stadium personally.