Three day tour of So. WI- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Three day tour of So. WI

I'm heading to hang out with my sister's family for a few days this coming week, and will be riding every day. Planning to hit the So. Kettles with her on Monday, Blue Mound solo Tuesday, and Wednesday idk...?? Anyone have any ideas on good trail near the Madison area that would be a good hit? I'm definitely going to detour to Levis on my way back home in Menomonie

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock
    I'm heading to hang out with my sister's family for a few days this coming week, and will be riding every day. Planning to hit the So. Kettles with her on Monday, Blue Mound solo Tuesday, and Wednesday idk...?? Anyone have any ideas on good trail near the Madison area that would be a good hit? I'm definitely going to detour to Levis on my way back home in Menomonie
    www.madcitydirt.org is the place.

Cam Rock is east of Madison at edge of the county much like Blue Mound. It is growing each year and fun. Heather's bar and grill is popular post-ride. The site and forums will guide you and get you a trail map.

The forum also has a new map of Blue Mound.

The metro area has what I'd call pocket parks but all fun in their own way. Quarry Ridge, Quarry Park and the Middleton bike park. Q Ridge has some jumps and you should hit up the Middleton park if you've never done a pump track. Middleton also serves beer and food.

Have fun.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    I second Cam-Rock 3. Eight miles of fun stuff with some good TTF options.

D

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input! Cam Rock is on the list now. If Blue Mound is shut down again I will flip out. Tried to ride there four times now, and the trails have closed on me every time. I'm very glad to go ride

=========
    I'll be out on the blue loop early monday morning on a red pugsley......say hi if you run into me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock
    Thanks for the input! Cam Rock is on the list now. If Blue Mound is shut down again I will flip out. Tried to ride there four times now, and the trails have closed on me every time. I'm very glad to go ride
    Yes, it has been closed a lot this year due to rain. It's not much fun to ride when it is wet though. The rocks feel like they have been greased.

Walt

Members who have read this thread: 0