To those who work on the Kettle trails.....- Mtbr.com
    Sep 2008

To those who work on the Kettle trails.....

I just want to say thank you, and fantastic job. I haven't rode the blue loop since last year and I rode it yesterday and all I have to say is "WOW" sweet ride . The Orange loop is killer too and maybe a bit more technical then the Blue. And what a killer sustained climb on the Orange I didn't think it would ever end.

Again thanks and Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhhhhhyea
    Rode the blue loop @ john muir for the first time yesterday. What an amazing ride, this trail is right up there with standing rocks, overall. I can see where riding this thing a few times would really help you get the "flow" of the trail down. Nice folks there too! Well, except for the geese that attacked me close to the trailhead near the pond / lake. Yes, if you heard someone yelling yesterday around 5:15, that was me. Not used to geese that aren't "used to" people I guess, but I've never had that happen before, certainly not while mountain biking!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Agreed, but I think the connector trail is the best part of the whole Kettle system. Muir blue to the connector, connector to Carlin and back, and blue back to the parking lot is an AWESOME ride.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

some many choices

so many choices for riding.
    For me, a big day, I prefer the red, maroon, orange, and then connector and carlin . but I often ride the Blue, connector, carlin.

Thanks Dave for organizing the trail days, and the irregular crew.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HSMITH
    Agreed, but I think the connector trail is the best part of the whole Kettle system. Muir blue to the connector, connector to Carlin and back, and blue back to the parking lot is an AWESOME ride.
    TRUTH right here folks.

The connector is absolutely incredible, and I would consider it one of the best loops in WI.

mtbr member
    I concur...the connector is so much fun...probably because there aren't any of those stupid hard climb things.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Enjoy, but remember to help (this includes ME)

The connector is a riot, even for an old man rider like me. I really get a rush out of negotiating the obstacles and edges. I wish this sport would have been popular/available when I was younger! I must remember to watch this board more closely about volunteering to help clean up & repair ANY trails.

mtbr member
    I am from Indiana and loved the Kettle Trails when I was up there in April. I am planning another trip very soon!!

mtbr member
    Much thanks to the trail crews who have worked up Kettle this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radtad
    I concur...the connector is so much fun...probably because there aren't any of those stupid hard climb things.
    Thats why you start @ Emma.

The end of the ride (Green loop) always kicks your A**
    Last edited by Bobby12many; 06-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    I agree....I started at Emma as well!

Members who have read this thread: 0