Thanks corps- Mtbr.com

Thread: Thanks corps

mtbr member
    May 2008

Thanks corps

Despite my previous posts about some goofy rules, you guys do awesome work.

So far this season I have ridden camrock, blue mounds, quarry ridge, and quarry park and you guys do an awesome job. Camrock is by far my favorite and every year it is a ton better. I love the new changes.

I would just like to say thank you to corps. You guys do awesome work, and I can't wait to see the middleton bike park and whatever else you guys plan on doing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wisbike

So far this season I have ridden camrock, blue mounds, quarry ridge, and quarry park and you guys do an awesome job. Camrock is by far my favorite and every year it is a ton better. I love the new changes.

I would just like to say thank you to corps. You guys do awesome work, and I can't wait to see the middleton bike park and whatever else you guys plan on doing.
    Thanks much.

Please spread the word and consider lending a hand. Good turnout at the work days just might get all the goals for those properties done this year. There were reports of good turnout at CR and QR this past weekend and 3 of us made progress on a new bypass at BMSP. BMSP will be open 1 - 2 months more each year when we reach a few more targets as well as have new levels of fun riding available.

The club has also formed a crew to work on technical trail features and that might be appealing to some volunteers. The crew will be making fun stuff and structure to help with water issues.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Somewhere between 31 and 38 folks at the Cam-Rock Trail Building Day on Sunday depending on who was counting. I know another half dozen or so at Quarry Ridge at the same time. And some work was done at Blue Mounds as well this weekend. The growth of the CORP club and the people showing up to put effort into their trails is awesome to see With crews like this we will have many more miles of trail and even better trail features to work with.
    CORP has a lot of plans. Almost all of them dependent on volunteer efforts. As our volunteers grow we get ever more done. Come join the fun and make it happen

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMayor1
    Somewhere between 31 and 38 folks at the Cam-Rock Trail Building Day on Sunday depending on who was counting. I know another half dozen or so at Quarry Ridge at the same time. And some work was done at Blue Mounds as well this weekend. The growth of the CORP club and the people showing up to put effort into their trails is awesome to see With crews like this we will have many more miles of trail and even better trail features to work with.
    CORP has a lot of plans. Almost all of them dependent on volunteer efforts. As our volunteers grow we get ever more done. Come join the fun and make it happen
    Sweet! If we get that sort of turnout next weekend we might have BMSP open up to a few more months each year. It's looking like all the plans for the riding areas have a good chance of getting done if this keeps up.

We rode the stuff we built and it was all dry and what it is bypassing was wet.

BTW: There are many ways the riders can help. We need to buy insurance, tools and materials. Joining the club and/or donating via the PayPal link is equally important. We would like to do more machine rental and own a second Yard Boss. We have the Yard Boss thing figured out well at this point.

Thanks all.

bicycle dreamer
    Been riding out at Cam Rock twice since it opened last week, and helped out Sunday morning as well.

The new climb bypass is awesome, and the guys who have been doing this for the last few years deserve a HUGE thanks for all the work and laying the foundation that's making CORP such an awesome force in MTB trail advocacy!
    Moving the soul with two wheels.
    I have a slight cycling addiction.

Now living in Nagoya City, Japan!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wisbike

Blue Mounds is open already this year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzy
    Blue Mounds is open already this year?
    Call first, but it has been open twice. North side is not as dry, some trees are down. Riding Pokerville and coming up through the camp ground works to stay dry.

We did an ad hoc work day this past week and hope for good turn out this weekend to get all the vital tasks done.

If you're registered on the madcitydirt forum and click notify for things that interest you you will get about the most up to date information on the trails.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    I rode BMSP last night and it was really very dry...except for a couple of the low lying "creek" crossings, and Serpentine Climb was moist. Didn't venture out to Pokerville or Holy Schist though.

Members who have read this thread: 0