Thanks Biketoberfest- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Thanks Biketoberfest

Biketoberfest weekend was a righteous mntbing outing. Thanks to Charlie and Lloyd, the builders and clearers and Jamie and Steve from The Bear Paw, who provided much needed malt beverages for the last miles. Nice to ride with Charlie, Dana, Lloyd, John, Matt, Dale, Wayne, Dana, Jenni, and others to make up the 18 riders who showed up on a very cold and temp dropping windy day. Great gathering afterwards at the Bear Paw for beer, grub, and fellowship. Sunday John, Wayne, Dale, and I guided by Lloyd rode the trails at Bear Paw. Very worthy ride and beautiful colors. Thanks everyone. That was FUN!

mtbr member
    Second that on BikeOktoberfest on the Nicolet Roche Trails - already looking forward to 2010 and another Hamms in the woods. Here's hoping it wasn't the last day on the trails for 09
    Nut Up for 2010 - see you all then !
    Gianni out....
    sent via crackberry

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    It was a good time despite me not being prepared. Sorry I didn't make it to the Bear Paw. My family and I blew the pipes at the trailer and went home that night.
    29" Trail Assault.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Here is a video response

We had a good time. Here are a few short snippets of the day. You'll notice many of the faster riders didn't get captured on video.

<object width='500' height='333'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/105204' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/105204' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='333' allowFullScreen='true' AllowScriptAccess='always' /></embed></object>

mtbr member
    sweet - you get better with each video
    Gianni out....
    sent via crackberry

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Totenhosen

Very well done and the sound track puts a great touch to it. Snapped off another hanger this last weekend riding up on Rock Lake trail. 3rd hanger in 7 weeks. As a former foundry owner and metallurgist I know that silicon aluminum less than 3/8th of an inch thick is not the way to make these things. Oh well, the bike industry has a stranglehold on those who ride a lot and aggressively. Cheaper to buy, own, and maintain an enduro/moto bike! Greedy bass-tards.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Do you mind if I chime in on your derailleur hangers, Steve? I suspect something else is going on if you are snapping them off. You may have a rear derailleur issue that is casing the hanger to fatigue. As you know aluminum has a poor fatigue life and it doesn't like being wiggled back and forth.

Gary Czar has a Prk dereailleur alignment tool he'd be happy to loan you. I'd check the alignment the next time you install a hanger.

Of course if you bash your derailleur into rocks like I do then the hanger is going to just palin break off. But you're a better rider than that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Brain Failure

Hey Buzz how goez it?! Believe it or not I also have the Park alignment tool, but not very good at using it yet. Had the derailleur aligned at Bike n Boards in Rhinelander and waiting to get in 3, hard to find this time of year(?), hangers. As of this writing my Titus Racer X is outta commission, but I did pick up my hard tail from my brother, so I or we can still ride till the white stuff fills up all the spaces! Even 2 to 4 inches isn't hard to ride thru and I've got old tires that are begging to be screwed for those lake ice rides we so much cherish!!!

mtbr member
    gotta easy fix for that rear der issue - you know where I'm going right ?
    Gianni out....
    sent via crackberry

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Blackfoot 56

SINGLESPEED!!! Ya I am looking strong at a Fisher Rig.

mtbr member
    650B Haro Beasley - ride iron vs. recyled pop can
    Gianni out....
    sent via crackberry

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Bad Brains

How much you pay for that beast of yours and can a suspension fork be put on? I have a fully rigid kona kaboom 26er singlespeed and fully rigid is out for me on the next one.

MN/WI
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O'Punc
    I've got the root beer Rig -- haven't had that much fun since the Schwinn Typhoon. Typical issues with Avid BB7 but organic pads help. EBB needs regular maintenance. Real good clearance. Handles well.

But I'm looking forward to next year when I'll be MB'ing in the Chequamegon area much much much more often. The 29er just rolls on those trails.
    Remember, nobody knows. So let's find out...

Thread Pollution

Still havn't learned how to shift?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O'Punc
    Maybe you'll learn how to shift by the time your 60.
    Do it,buy the rig.and put a suspension seatpost on it.
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

Members who have read this thread: 0