Thank you REI Madison volunteers - new single track much appreciated!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thank you REI Madison volunteers - new single track much appreciated!

Many thanks to the Saturday 6/5 volunteers at Blue Mound park. It was a quite a surprise to have 51 people opposed to our usual 4-9 volunteers. Several in the REI group were not even bikers and showed up just to help.

The work dates published in our printed brochure are now done for the year, but more will be posted on the WORBA web site and via the WORBA list and clubmtb.com mail list for Madison.

Volunteer Midwesterners! There are thousands of acres that could be trails if only a small portion of the thousands of you would help. The day was also a good lesson in being considerate to all trail users. If you ride and come across somebody who is not on a bike remember that they may have even cut the single track trail you're riding on.

Photo = trail cutters meeting rock workers on the way out to party.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bear

Amazing job...and many thanks!

Gald to hear the workday at Blue Mound went well. If anybody has made a trip to Blue Mound in the last year or two you are really missing out! Wish I could have made it to the workday but I was stuck inside at work all day. Thanks to everybody who added to this great trail system. By the way...how much of the planned trail was finished?

mtbr member

Plans & Reality

Quote Originally Posted by sbaryenbruch
    Gald to hear the workday at Blue Mound went well. If anybody has made a trip to Blue Mound in the last year or two you are really missing out! Wish I could have made it to the workday but I was stuck inside at work all day. Thanks to everybody who added to this great trail system. By the way...how much of the planned trail was finished?
    We added a big chunk of new trail that day. Since then we have finished the Expert section loop. See my post above. This trail is really something special, the technical difficulty level is quite challenging.

There is more to come. We will flag a new trail to take riders back from the end of the Expert section to the trail head at the swimming pool parking lot. The current return route is on a paved road through the camping area. Next year will see the start of work on the trail in Pleasure Valley. (I like that name.)

Walt