Summer Kickoff at Blue Mound!- Mtbr.com
    Bear

Summer Kickoff at Blue Mound!

When: 5/31 and 6/1

Where: Blue Mound Sate Park

Why: Cause' the forecast looks good and we need to ride.

What: Group ride at 3pm Saturday and 10am on Sunday. I'll be camped at BM on Saturday night. Grab a site and hang around for food, fire, and beer.

Post up a reply if you can make it out for either ride or camping!

mtbr member
    I was just thinking about coming up from the Chi to ride somewhere, hoping to find some dry trails but was wondering if its the same up there as it is here.

The problem down here right now is a bunch of impatient buffoons have rode all the wet trails and now they are even worse....

Anyway, is there a trail info line or website for Blue Mounds?

Also, as far as camping there - how does that work? first come-first serve until its full? Where is the trailhead in relation to the campground?

I've never been there before.

Bear

Camping and trail info....

The best place for current Blue Mound info would be to post a message on the forums at www.madcitydirt.org. The park management does a pretty good job of keeping the trails closed so damage doesn't get extensive. There are still some wet trail sections at Blue Mounds that we may not be able to ride but definitely more than enough singletrack to keep ya happy. Blue Mound is relatively small park and the trailhead is probably a two minute bike ride from the campsites.....even less.....super close. There are a number of first come first serve sites as well as reservable sites at: http://wisconsinstateparks.reserveam...&parkCode=blue

#42 is available for reservation and is a great site right next to mine.

If you make the trip up we could hit another local trail or two on Saturday.

Shoot me a message if you want more details.

Members who have read this thread: 0