Southeast WI river trails are wet. DUH!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Southeast WI river trails are wet. DUH!

I just wanted to post this for the morons out there that are doing there best to get mountain bikers kicked off more trails.

I doubt any trails in Southeast WI are rideable now, but especially any trails along rivers, creeks, etc. That includes Milwaukee River Parkway Trails, Alpha Trail, Petrifying Springs, and Beulah Park. All these trails were submerged under several feet of water earlier this week (and may still be). One or two warm sunny days is not going to be enough to dry them out.

You would think this would be obvious, but on Thursday I took my dog out to Petrifying Springs for a walk in the park and figured I would take a quick look at the trails while I was there to see how bad the flooding impacted them. And there they were, several sets of mountain bike tracks running through the very muddy trails. I'm not talking about brief sections of muddy trails here, I'm talking about a trail system where most of the trails were seriously muddy. I'm kind of imagining these douchebags taking some photos of themselves aftwerwards covered in mud showing how "badass" they are.

Nice work guys.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Man was is nice up there before all this rain. Now I have no idea when I will be able to go! Same with Beulah, that place I'm sure is muddy the whole way through. I'm hoping we will have a nice warm week to dry everything up, until then its riding down town =(
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ChapmanMTB27
    Man was is nice up there before all this rain. =(
    Yeah, I had mentioned in another thread how much great riding we had around here in May. I guess that's why this aggravates me so much (those other riders). It's not like we haven't had any riding opportunities and they were getting desperate, the riding has been excellent this spring.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    It's the same thing over by Madison too. Quarry ridge is getting destroyed and the WORST thing is, is that there are signs posted telling people to keep off the wet trails and these morons just keep riding them and ****ing the trails up. I went out there today to see what's going to need to be worked on and the trails were just terrible... really pisses me off.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

post these signs??

I like the idea of the "No stupiding" signs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am looking at the Levis Trow 50 in another couple weeks. Is there any hope these trails will be dry?

Thanks. Paul

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I am going to have to agree about the d-bags that are on the trail now. I mean come on we all would like to be out there in the trail, but show some respect. If you ride on them now when they are just inches of mud they are only going to be more f**ked up when it eventually dries out. I am sure most people here no this but hopefully the few that are not smart enough to figure it out on their own will get the hint. I cannot wait for all this water to dry up though. My bike is just begging to be ridden, and the local roads are not doing it for me.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

I don't know what to think of this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson
    Nothing says "noob" like taking pics of your muddy bike and posting them.
    Pretty sure the Alpha trail would have been officially closed under those conditions anyway. So I guess that big sign at the entrance that says if the gate is closed, the mountain bike trails are closed, was too complicated for this guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    +1, but I went out to alpha trail about three weeks ago, and the gate was open so I though it was dry, boy was I wrong. I got down to the bottom of the hill saw the mud and walked my bike back the way I came, But I was out there a couple days ago and they were dry, as are all the other trails that I have been on around here which are Hoyt Park, Pets and Kettle moraine.
    If it seems like a bad idea. It will make a good story.

NO,i dont proof read my poste

Members who have read this thread: 0