So... who here hates- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

So... who here hates

THIS RAIN!

First nice day in two weeks and all the trails are closed because it is too wet. BAH

mtbr member
    i know! blahhhh! and likely to stay pretty wet for awhile looks like more rain tomorrow and monday i think, alittle rain is good but this is overkill x100, so many people in southern wisco have water in their basements or have whole towns flooded out, its not good at all

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It only rained a couple of the days up here in EC. They had predicted it all week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah I called everywhere within an hour from the Fox Valley and it all is closed. I'm about ready to go up to High Cliff just for the sake of riding my bike even though it would be pointless...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    We did have a rather dry May in Southeast Wisconsin and I was able to get a lot of riding in then, so I guess I can't complain too much about this.
    Be prepared though, by the time the trails are rideable again there are going to be a whole lot of mosquitos waiting for you out there. So you better get some road workouts in to stay in shape before hitting the trails again because stopping for a breather on the trail is going to be a real bad idea.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    good news everybody. Accuweather.com says no more rain for the next 15 days!!! Lets hope they are right. My Guess is that is how long everything is going to take to dry out.
    P.S. Trailville, are you the person that runs Trailville.com. If you are I would like to thank you for your site. It showed me many trails that I did not know about. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey199
    good news everybody. Accuweather.com says no more rain for the next 15 days!!! Lets hope they are right. My Guess is that is how long everything is going to take to dry out.
    P.S. Trailville, are you the person that runs Trailville.com. If you are I would like to thank you for your site. It showed me many trails that I did not know about. Thanks
    Yeah, that's me.

The John Muir and Emma Carlin Trails in the Kettle Moraine State Forest have reopened, though I would expect the reroute around the wettest secton of Muir to be in effect for a few more days. The Kettles dry out quicker than most other area trails, so you probably want to give other area trails a couple more days at least (more if they were recently flooded).
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

Members who have read this thread: 0