Singletrack in Door County, WI ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

New question here. Singletrack in Door County, WI ??

I'm heading up to Door County, WI in August am having trouble finding information some good trails in the area, aside from a couple of state parks that sound pretty tame.
    Anyone know of some good places to ride in that area??
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Couple come to mind...

SquatOnTopOfMe, I mean Potawatomi State Park has legal MTB trails. I've never ridden them, but when driving through the park to the boat landing, the trails/terrain don't look like much. I'm pretty sure they are quite tame (i.e. boring IMO). Here's a link to that park website: Potawatomi SP

I'd recommend heading down the peninsula a bit to Kewaunee. Check out the reviews of the trail here on this site: Kewaunee Trails
    Better be in good cardio condition though. Lot of short, somewhat steep climbs - over and over and over.

Besides those two, I don't know of any other up in Door County. Don't think it's much of a MTB area, I'm guessing because of all the private land, and state owned non accessible land. Enjoy the cherries, salmon, and wine while your up there!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufhausen
    I'm heading up to Door County, WI in August am having trouble finding information some good trails in the area, aside from a couple of state parks that sound pretty tame.
    Anyone know of some good places to ride in that area??
    Thanks.
    I don't know of any real singletrack in DC. The trails in the southern part of Newport State Park are rougher/rockier/rootier than the trails in Peninsula State Park, which are doubletrack gravel screenings. Peninsula will be crowded while Newport will be deserted. No riding on Rock Island now, but I did ride there a few times before it was banned. It was really nice; oh, well. Washington Island is all road riding.

A quiet sand beach is very accessible off Europe Lake Trail in northern Newport. It's a real treat to camp at Site 16 in Newport—isolated, right on the beach.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for the info. everyone.
    I'll try to make the best of it.