Rochester Trail Conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rochester Trail Conditions?

Going to be in the Rochester area next weekend (April 24/25) and was looking for info on trail conditions. Hoping to check out Eastside, and anything else that is worth a couple of hours. I'll probably have the kids in tow (8,7,5) so the pace will be mellow.

Is there any place to find info? Do they close the trails due to weather?

mtbr member
    I think you mean Eastwood. Google it. They have a nice pdf of the trail layout. Havent hit it yet but looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I found the info on RASC, but nobody says anything about trail conditions. Here in the Chicago area, conditions are an important factor to consider.
    I figure I'll just show up on Saturday and see how things are. Worst thing could be cruising some of the paved trails with the kids instead of singletrack.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    eastwood would be a good one for the family they aren't real intense, there is also some singletrack running along some of the paved trails out near the mayowood mansion. There is a new/reclaimed trails that are supposedly going to be near the center of town, not sure if they've been cleared or what the deal on them is. just to clarify for someone unfamiliar with the town.

Eastwood- east side of town right off US hwy 14 near the college

Mayowood- west side of town take salem rd west from the mall till co rd 125 take a left and the trails are left of the road just before the small lake several small section connected by paved trails so keep riding till your almost to the mall.

indian hills I know little or nothing about. sorry,
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

Living the thug life.
    Things have been dry around here for awhile. Eastwood is riding really nice. Not sure what condition the Mayowood trails are in because no one is really keeping those up and they were washed out a few times.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    With a 60% chance of rain for Saturday, how do you think the trails at Eastwood will be? Do they tend to dry up quickly? I think the plan for now is to focus on Eastwood.

Thanks for the info...

mtbr member
    rode Eastwood last night for the first time. great trail, lots of technical stuff with tight turns and some fun obstacles thrown in here and there. trail was in good condition and saw one other rider out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0