River Trail - Westside Construction- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

River Trail - Westside Construction

Anybody know what the construction zone on the west side is all about? The little fence and reroute is a slight inconvenience...

Mr. Staypuft
    Quote Originally Posted by radtad
    Anybody know what the construction zone on the west side is all about? The little fence and reroute is a slight inconvenience...
    ha, no idea. we went around the fence & just saw a bull dozer sitting by the radio station building & it looked like they were taking down trees by the entrance to the park & ride.

mtbr member
    As I was jumping the fence I couldn't help but sing Priest's "Breakin' the Law" the entire time.

Mr. Staypuft
    Quote Originally Posted by radtad
    As I was jumping the fence I couldn't help but sing Priest's "Breakin' the Law" the entire time.
    lol, ya I went around the fence by where the creek crosses the trail & hopped it by the pond. Thankfully i was riding with somebody or else carrying my bike over with me would've been a pita

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    that whole area you are talking about will be coverd with solar panels

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    We were told last week by one of the construction guys that they were gonna start giving out tickets this week for hopping the fence (supposedly can't ride between the two fences, but I wouldn't be too afraid of this; are they gonna park a cop in the park and ride full time?!) He said MATC owns the property, but couldn't help me out with who was in charge of the project (who to complain to.) Makes me wish I'd attended some of those meetings earlier this year on the future of the River Trail. Anyone worked out a good detour without just cutting off the whole northern section?

mtbr member
    I've started to just make it an out and back instead of the usual loop. The first few rides I was hopping the fence and trying to detour, but it just started to take too much time, especially when they made the fences a little "better."

I figure the only fun section that is taken out by the fences is the creek crossing, but other than that, it's just the field.

This is fine for a while, I just hope when whatever they build is done the trail can go back to being a loop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Here is a posting from the folks doing the construction with there reroute. I've also attached a photo of what most folks are doing for a reroute. I'm sure it's just the fishermen/hikers out there, but lets not continue to ruin the good name for mtbers out there by cutting the fence. (Light green is the old trail, while Red is the reroute)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails River Trail - Westside Construction-matc-reroute.jpg  

River Trail - Westside Construction-matc-reroute-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    PLEASE respect the trail and the fence.

As stated before, they WILL start giving out tickets and enforcing the rules strictly if people keep trampling/jumping/cutting the fence.

It hurts us ALL when people disrespect the boundaries that are set-up.

Jumping the fence and riding in the areas that are closed off will do nothing but make the MTBers of the trail look bad

Members who have read this thread: 0