Riven DH race in Bessemer MI Oct 7-8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Riven DH race in Bessemer MI Oct 7-8

If this is the wrong forum to be posting I apologize.

We (Riven DH) are having our first annual race in Bessemer Michigan at Blackjack ski hill October 7th-8th. You can see all the info on our Facebook page Riven Downhill. Here's a quick rundown- free camping, onsite food and drink, shuttle is included in entry fee. practice on Saturday and Sunday morning race is Sunday noon. 35$ for just race day 50$ for both days. Cash payout to open class 1-4th place based on entries--for example if we get 50 riders first place gets 350$!! Amateurs get payout up to entrance fee and prizes.
    If you want more info check out Facebook -Riven Downhill-

Hope to see you there

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Is it true that there is going to be a more "all mountain" line around the crazier stuff for those with less suspension? That might get a few more people there that would normally be too intimidated to get out and race.

Hopefully I can make it, I've been riding the hell outta my new DH rig so I'll be ready!

Scott

I need skills
    Jul 2004

facebook page

Something to consider.

The Riven Downhill facebook page is setup as a person, (need to send a friend request). It would be more private for people if Riven Downhill was created as a fan page.

If a fan page, people only need to click "like." Info posted by Riven Downhill will still show up in their news feed.

There may be a way to change the page to fan page, or just recreate a fan page.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the info on the Facebook page, if we set it up that way can peole still post to it in order to ask questions?

Yes there are a couple places where there is a go around. Amateurs are required to use the go arounds on their race runs and open will be required to use the main line.

Remember we also do a kids race for 12 and under, even training wheels. All the youngsters get a medal, and it's free.

-Chad

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I dont have a facebook account, is there anywhere I can see some pictures of the course?
    I saw one, I think on MFC. Are there many jumps on the course? Big rock gardens? Whats it like?

I need skills
    Jul 2004

managing facebook

for a fan page. Click "info" and then "manage permissions" to allow users to post to the wall, add photos....etc.

cool event BTW!

scottVT, facebook is so easy to use for clubs, events...etc and it is free. So easy to manage and add info. Accounts are free and easy to create.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    We do not have any other file hosting setup right now Scott, sorry. All I can tell you is you will have a great time. It is a fast fun physical track. The amatuer lines make it awesome for any skill level. I clocked in right at 3minutes so I would expect open top times will be around 2:15.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Will there be any big jumps like at the bottom of the course at Nordic Mt? I need to practice being in the air on the big bike, so I should do so before the race.

And if I enter in Cat 3 like I did at Nordic Mt, does that mean I have to use the go arounds? If thats the case, looks like I'll jump up a class.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    THere are no large gap jumps that you need to hit on either the amateur or open track.

Yes all amateurs must use the go around on their race run and all open class riders cannot use the go arounds.