riding near Woodruff, WI?- Mtbr.com
    Coors, the american beer.

riding near Woodruff, WI?

Possibly going to have a summer job at a camp near there ... im told theres some trails at the camp, but wondering what else is around, and if you guys have any group rides.
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

mtbr member
    awesome mountain biking withen 20 minutes, wabash lake, its a county run trail system very techy singletrack, raven (haven ridden there in a few years) but im pretty sure they have added alot of trail, razerback ridges, it got logged 2 summers ago but there is still decent trails (i havent been there since last summer tho so there might be good trails being made this spring) all withen 20 minutes driving distance, i believe there is a few more too but those are a good start

thanks for the response, good to know there is at least one sweet system in the area.

lookin' for a hill
    I was just going to ask about this area, my parents have a new place in rheinlander.

spazzy, do you have any links or more info about any of these places?

melt, are you going to be working at tesomas?

lookin' for a hill
    nevermind, thanks.

washburn trails, http://www.rhinelanders-morningside....ties/wburn.htm

raven trails ( at the bottom of link), http://www.wisconline.com/attractions/mountainbike.html

razorback, http://www.singletracks.com/php/trail.php?id=549

I will be in rheinlander and will try out the washburn trails and let you know. let me know what you think of the others if you go.

Ride on!

mtbr member
    oh yea my bad its washburn! i knew wabash didnt sound right but i couldnt remember exactly, what i did to find info was just ask around at the bike shops in minaqua for good singletrack and trails, so sorry i didnt have any links

Quote Originally Posted by nikwashere
    I was just going to ask about this area, my parents have a new place in rheinlander.

spazzy, do you have any links or more info about any of these places?

melt, are you going to be working at tesomas?
    timberlane, and i was just informed yesterday that i got the job ... so ill be in wisconsin from may 31 to aug 9 and then i am going to try and have the dopest mtb oddessey ever on the way back to northern california ... ill probably post in passion asking what people would ride.

mtbr member
    We’ve ridden a few of the trails listed above and think highly of them. But iIf you’d like to push yourself to do something very different, drive a tad north and check out trails within the Keweenaw Peninsula of Mi. That is Copper Harbor, Michigan tech, Churning Rapids or Swedetown. We live within a few blocks of tech but amongst the locations just listed are over 150 miles of IMBA built single track.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

yea i heard michigan has good stuff too ... definitley am going to do as much mtbing on my days off as possible

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    check out the local trail maps on bikes-n-boards.com. they have maps for most of the trail systems in the area.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    yea i heard michigan has good stuff too ... definitley am going to do as much mtbing on my days off as possible
    Melt-

You did not get a job with Bob and Sue did you? Only 7 week camp I know cause my parents found it and sent all 3 boys in the summer. When I went there weren't MTB's so to speak. Went back later and it looked like many trail systems were added. I guess if there are snowmobile trails there are XC bike trails as well.

What cabin did you get and what is your sport specialty?

Rob

My main contacts have been 2 guys, named mike and john. Sounds like it could be the same camp though, cause from what i understand the first 2 weeks we are training and the campers show up mid june.

Im not a counselor, im doing maintenance ... they told me id be in some sort of staff cabin but i dont know all the details on that yet. They say ill have internet access in the evenings sometimes so hopefully ill be able to still post on here and put up pictures and stuff.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Melt-

Yup- RAC or Red Arrow Camp. As a kid that is a long time.

If you are not working directly with kids then you do get out every night. You also get off time to do what you want. Enjoy the time up in the north woods.

Remember - It is a beautiful day at Red Arrow...........

When at the mess hall look up to the 2 paddle 1984 Canadian Trip. My brother was a "cookie" for one summer as well.

Rob

yea they said ill get every other night off, and the nights im on im on call so i just have to have my radio nearby and not go too far from camp ...

bump to this thread .... heres more links to places to ride. Didnt go today cause im still getting settled ... gonna fish on the lake though

http://bikes-n-boards.com/maps.htm

lookin' for a hill
    I went to the smokin spoke trails over memorial day weekend. Great trail system. Has a great combination of rocks sections, hills, ridgelines with some secluded northern wisconsin views, and the pine forest is pretty cool. It says pine forest on the map, but when you are riding through the "wart" on the ridge, look north and you can see the change into pines. Then when you actually enter at the bottom of the hill, it is a fairly level, light rollercoaster, which towards the end of the trail allows for some easy speed through the "storm trooper speeder" section of the trail. I parked at fire number 5061 off of crystal lake road. There is a little cleared area to park and trail head is right there with a post.
    I went the day before the rasta rally and the course was already posted. I unknowingly took the full 15 mile expert loop which continued after the pines into the adjoining scout camp. Make sure you print a map. The trails are not marked when there is no race, and becomes a forest with overgrown logging roads, deer paths and numerous single tracks overlapping.
    I went to the bike and boards bike shop and the kid there recommended this as the best trail near rheinlander, though gave a nod to razorback and raven as well.
    have fun.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    This is a good place for just about anywhere in Wisconsin and it is free.

FatTireGuides.com

so far ive ridden smoke n spoke and raven

thinking escenaba and razorback soon .... then michigan as soon as my shedule allows it

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    check out the following site: http://lamboriders.org/

when i'm up in woodruff i generally ride raven just because it's so close, and now because of the new sweet singletrack, so good! also, last time i was up there, about 2 weeks ago, i spoke with a local rider and he informed me that razorback has all been logged out. sorry to tell you.

rode from camp (airport rd / 51) to escanaba, did the loop and rode back last night, nice 30 miler

today im planning on checking out razorback ... riding up thru escanaba, then lumberjack, and back

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    ...checking out razorback...
    I just hit it last Sat, put a few comments on this thread FWIW. Will be interested in your follow-up as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=419754

Members who have read this thread: 0