Riding near Wausau?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Riding near Wausau?

So, got offered a free trip to Wausau if I want it. Never been to that part of the country. Can you good folks shed a little light on what sort of riding opportunities might be available? I'd be interested in most anything other than Crankworx style dirt jump stuff. Fill me in on when to go too, I imagine there are fewer riding opportunities in the winter.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    9 Mile Forest just outside of Wausau.

Standing Rocks a half hour south near Stevens Point

Underdown in Merrill

Levis isn't too far away.

It's all XC riding, some more technical than others.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    9 Mile, 9 Mile, 9 Mile!

I've never checked out any of the other trails Nater listed, but the riding at 9 Mile is fantastic! It's a great mix of rocks, roots, singletrack, and double track.

aka bOb
    http://www.fattireguides.com

Awesome site for trails, also I believe that 9 mile closes October 15th.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Just got back from a weekend at 9-mile. Let me start by saying the maps SUCK. They do more harm than good. Without knowing how to piece it together, the ski trail to singletrack ratio can get pretty high. There is some good riding there though.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by tedsti
    Just got back from a weekend at 9-mile. Let me start by saying the maps SUCK. They do more harm than good. Without knowing how to piece it together, the ski trail to singletrack ratio can get pretty high. There is some good riding there though.
    Actually the map is really ok, it's just tying to figure where you are on the map that sucks. Thats how I train at nine mile, just go as fast as I can and when I am good and lost and tired I go as fast as I can till I find my out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee
    Actually the map is really ok, it's just tying to figure where you are on the map that sucks. Thats how I train at nine mile, just go as fast as I can and when I am good and lost and tired I go as fast as I can till I find my out
    I live in Wausau and discovered nine mile just this last summer, and I rode it all summer long before I had any decent grasp of what was where and how to get from A to B....you WILL get lost in nine-mile, but that's half the fun...that and trying to go back and find that section that was so great last time.....it's a good place to ride, IMO.
    "Bicycles are machines with inherently positive motives." - Gary Fisher

Members who have read this thread: 0