Riding near Marinette WI- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Riding near Marinette WI

Hey folks,

Shoot me some wisdom about ride possibilities within an hour drive of Marinette WI/Menominee MI. I'll be in that area over the 4th and just wanted to know if there was anything in the area for trails.

Thanks,
    --Troy

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    like in your menominee mi post, the only trails I know of are behind the water tower by the marinette high school. I went today and cleared a bunch of fallen trees and branches from past storms, but from what I could tell, no one has ridden there in weeks...months? looks okay, just your average dirt paths crossing around some hills. I posted here so people could google it and wind up seein it here... this is it though as far as I could tell for *tag time* northern wisconsin marinette mountain bike trails

My Brain Hurts!
    Always one looking for a good trail, I live in Menominee MI, right across the river. There is the Cedar River trail system about 30 miles north of Menominee. There is a recreation area with a good trail system east of Crivitz by Lake Noquebay and there is the reforestation camp in Brown County to the south of Marinette. The New Zoo is in this camp and it is about 11 miles north of green Bay. There are trails like Days River north of Escanaba and the Fumee trails and others in Iron Mountain but these are an hour to hour and a half away...

Sadly, the Marinette/Menominee area is the veritable armpit of mountain biking with only a few rogue/makeshift trails here and there. Any real trail system is a 30 minute drive or more....

Anyone else in the know who wants to fill in some blanks, feel free to add...
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    It's probably a bit more than an hour west on 64, but I'd suggest Nicolet Roche in White Lake/Langlade.