The Raven Trail!!!!- Mtbr.com
    Roc
    mtbr member

The Raven Trail!!!!

I rode the Raven last weekend, what a fantastic trail!!! The Raven is a super tight technical trail with loads of fun rock and log bridges. The LAMBO riders have really done a great job with that trail system, but then again if you don't like super tight trails it might not be for you, lots of spots where my 26" handle bars didn't even come close to fitting through some of the trees.

I'd really like see more trails with this type of technical riding.

Roc

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Sounds fun.

The Raven trail is on my list. If you like technical, the Bear Paw Trails have sections that are very fun for rolling your wheels around rocks. Plus, the trail setting is spectacular. Just a few miles away from the Roche.

Roc
    mtbr member
    Roche has been on my list for while now. Where is Bear Paw?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Bear Paw

A few miles south of Langlade on Hwy 55 you will find the Bear Paw Pub and Grille and Kayak. Kayaks are strewn in a tornado blasted tree. It starts from there and just head west up the big hill. Scott the owner of the pub can help out and he put up some good signage to get one around on all the legal trails.

He be a moose too.
    I live a few miles away from Raven and enjoy riding it frequently. If anyone is going to be up there, let me know.

Roc
    mtbr member
    I'll be going up there Wednesday 16th evening through Sunday, It would be great to have someone to ride with, pick a day.

Eric

He be a moose too.
    Oops, I spoke too early, I won't be back until the holidays but you'll have a great time. Be sue to find the trail along the lake.

mtbr member
    i made it to the raven last week. the skills coarse was awesome, i did three laps and just wanted to keep going, but i also wanted to check out the trails, which i rode last year. now, the trails were sweet and fun, but navigating them was very aggrivating. i had to turn around and go back way to many times. i'd come to a fork or intersection and there was no signs, most parts were pretty good but there was about 10 or so of these non-marked intersections. then the last section of the trail is now closed to bikes and you have to backtrack and take the logging road back, but it doesn't tell you that, it just says trail closed to bikes, please stay off or we lose the rest of the trail. then i found a sweet new section that i followed untill it just kindof died off, clearly a work in progress, so i turned around. that looks to be a sweet trail when its done.

all in all a great trail, its obviously under some reconstruction so i understand the issues.

i really look forward to returning next year and seeing the progress. wish it was closer to home, or we could build trails like that here.
    Last edited by superford4x4; 06-27-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    "Life begins where the road ends..." -not sure
    ...and prefferably starts going downhill

Roc
    mtbr member
    Did you find the trail that runs along side lake? that's kind of the key and some really nice singletrack. Both times when I went to the Raven I lucked out and ran into some locals riders who are part of LAMBO and rode with them. I agree with you that the Raven needs to post some signs pointing the way, getting turned around is very easy there. Once you figure it out it's pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    yeah, i do remember a pretty sweet section by a lake. it was fast and had a great flow, i remember wanting to turn around and do it again.lol
    "Life begins where the road ends..." -not sure
    ...and prefferably starts going downhill

Bike Now, Beer Later
    So i'll be hittin Raven in a couple weeks. Tough gettin around out there? Any maps I can get my hands on?

He be a moose too.
    there are a few maps on the trail itself, but probably not enough. There might be a few paper maps available, but I have been out of town for a year and a half. Maybe send me a pm if you want to ride. I live a few miles from the trail.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden there since last fall when much of the trail was still closed from logging. I'm looking forward to getting up there again soon as my grandma lives just down the road in Lake Tomahawk. Sounds like good work going on!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I rode it yesterday (7/9) for first time in 7 - 10+ years. The skills area across the road is fun. My last time through was XC ski trails, double track and now there is single track. It is still pleasant riding as far as the sorts of spots where single track and ski trail mix if that makes sense.

I had trail builder's empathy and explained to some in the parking lot how it takes a lot of work, much progress has been made and that the sure fire way to improve sign and trail is to join a local bike posse. These people obviously had fun and I was glad they understood how it all happens as a labor of love.

I'll be back and think it will be a great day trip with my daughter.

Thanks for all the improvements and good luck with future work.

Members who have read this thread: 0