Quarry Park in Madison?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Quarry Park in Madison?

does anyone still ride quarry park in downtown madison, i went there for the first this past weekend and there are tons of sweet features, they look decently maintained has anyone rode there recently?

Sweep the leg!
    Quarry Park behind Whole Foods or Quarry Ridge Park out on Verona Rd/18/151?

Quarry Park not so much, Quarry Ridge Park occasionally.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member

quarry

im talking about quarry park downtown madison there were some sweet jumps in there that looked kinda sculped. and the trail system confused me alittle there is stuff going all over the place, but it was a sweet ride, in quarry ridge i heard there was some freeride drops or something is that true? i havent rode there since it opened way back when and its quite a hike for me to get there and i didnt think it was nearly as technical (fun) as blue mounds which is alot closer to me

mtbr member
    i went to quarry park off university last summer and it was pretty bad, broken glass all over and the jumps were all torn down and you couldnt really do anything. i tried to find quarry park ridge once, if anyone can give better directions how to get there that would be cool!

Bear

Copy and paste...

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEx...43.00398&mag=2

Quarry Ridge is centered for ya. The little stub of a road that sticks into the park is the parking area.

Bear

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzy
    im talking about quarry park downtown madison there were some sweet jumps in there that looked kinda sculped. and the trail system confused me alittle there is stuff going all over the place, but it was a sweet ride, in quarry ridge i heard there was some freeride drops or something is that true? i havent rode there since it opened way back when and its quite a hike for me to get there and i didnt think it was nearly as technical (fun) as blue mounds which is alot closer to me
    Quarry Ridge has had progress, Quarry Park is not the same and the general rule is the shape of and amount of trails in the area depend upon the amount of help they get. The corp_madison Yahoo group is used by the 12-20 stalwarts who do the trail work in the area and is a good way to know what's up. There is another private trail system close by available to people who volunteer and you get learn about that via the Yahoo Group.

It is a good idea to be part of that group if you value the area trails because their existence depend on volunteers.

mtbr member
    give me some contact info, i would def be interested in helping out with that

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    i just moved into town for grad school and I rode quarry park today. Was better than I expected, although the frequent ups can ruin the flow. But yea, Il prob ride there a lot since its close. Some of the jumps were decent, although there were a set of gap jumps that had no landings, just flat. I also want to try out quary ridge? Im putting my DH bike back together, but would I need it for quary ridge?

mtbr member
    i also rode quarry park today and i crashed hard and now im gimping around, i rode quarry ridge with a burlyer hardtail and did just fine, but that was before the drops and such were put in, my understanding is that most of the park is do able from ht, but i havent rode there in awhile

mtbr member
    it is definately all doable with a hardtail, there are some drops from platforms 3, 5 and 7 ft high but the landing area looks pretty sketchy and the 5 footer seems kinda off kilter... i havent tried em yet but the rest of it is pretty sweet smooth single track with some berms and little kickers here and there and i dont think ive even rode all of it yet, only been there once about a week ago.

Members who have read this thread: 0