Positively Roche- Mtbr.com
    I need skills
    Jul 2004

Positively Roche

Lots of positives for the Roche trail. Our first trail day went very well. www.sigmasport.com/us sent a box awesome mountain bike lights. And we have our "whooping rock" completed, (you'll yell "whoop" as you soar over it). We got a lot more accomplished than I thought possible. We were able to ride a complete loop for the first time in almost 3 years!!!! Whoop! Big "thanks" to everyone who helped rebuild the trail (Especially our spouses who understand the time needed).

We could have gotten more work done but 3 man hours were spent fixing damage from horse travel. The Forest Service allows allows bike travel May 1st, the horse rider clearly was out there prior to May 1, while the ground was very soft. Please spread the word, (politely) our trail can not sustain horse travel.

But on to the positives. Our next trail day is May 22nd 9:00 AM and I'll send a location map prior. All volunteers will receive the free use of a bike light for one night of riding! Live music on the trail! Most of our trail days will be for tweaking the trail, enhancing the experience. On the 22nd we'll be beefing up the berms constructed last Fall, (the berms settled over the Winter). If ya wanna ride this section fast be sure to come out to "add some speed".

We'll have a bunch of lights available, to the public, ALL SUMMER, for night riding. $10 to LAMBA and an email address is the cost per use, driver's license as a deposit (The lights can be checked out from the Bear Paw). Sigma makes a very nice light, (they sent us the karma pro) and is super generous to allow us the use of their lights.

Sunday, May 30th we will be having a Ribbon Cutting ride and ceremony, deep in the woods, to celebrate the reconstruction of our loop. Ride starts 1:00 PM Campground Dr.

Charlie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Positively Roche-1.-5-7-2010.aca-certified.gif  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Hey facebookers

I've created a facebook page for:
    Nicolet Roche Mountain Bike Trail

Please search for and become a fan by choosing "like."

thanks in advance!
    Charlie

mtbr member
    Great to have a FB page for this! I hope to get up there again before I move further away. Great trial; thanks to all of you who have put so much work into it!

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Trail Day, 5-22.

Our second formal Roche work day is this Saturday, May 22nd, 9:00 AM. Map attached for location. Easy to find, look for my white van, contact me if uncertain of location.

Long time volunteers will be thrilled to see the return of live music on the trail! All volunteers will have a free use of a light for night riding. (lights can be checked out from the Bear Paw all Summer. Thanks Sigma!).

Last Fall we built about 7 berms on this section. Three settled more than expected. Our goal is to remove the disappointment from having to use brakes in these spots.

One of the few days we'll need more than couple of shovels, please bring one. Cliff Bar has once again sent a two huge boxes of treats.

Sometime during the weekend we'll unveil the "whooping rock." Stick around and ride.

Charlie

I need skills
    Jul 2004

A grand Day.

We doubled our volunteers from May 1st. The amount of support never stops surprising me.

Once again we accomplished all I'd hoped for and more. A big thanks to Steve O'Punk for bringing an artistic flair and to Gianni for single handedly clearing a section of trail of logging debris.

Right now the Roche trail is the best it has been since June 6th 2007. Sections of it are better!

If there were any complaints, it be the live music never strayed far from the van. But once the caliber of musicianship was appraised, that is just as well! Ha.

Charlie

Members who have read this thread: 0