Was out at Lebanon Hills the other day.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Was out at Lebanon Hills the other day.

I skipped the x and xx loop. Just not fun anymore with all the log piles and rocks and stuff. The only fun thing is the camelback bridge with skinny option.

So what I did was ride the exit (stayed on Intermediate loop). A lot of the newer stuff on that section is a blast and has some really good flow lines. There was a downed tree I hopped over, but I am sure that will get removed.

I recommend riding the new stuff and doing a couple laps and not taking the x and xx loop, especially if you are short on time or energy. The newer stuff is so much more fun and I would rather do it a couple of times, maybe even 3 times. I actually wish there was a way to climb back up and do that last 1/2 over again and again just like how you can loop back through the xx loop over and over.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I loved Leb for the obstacles when I started riding. Then last year I hated them and went to Murphy for the uninterrupted ride. Now I'm back to Leb this year as I can't stand the monotony of Murphy.

I agree with you on re-rides of the good stuff, there should be routes to get back to where the fun is.

He be a moose too.
    Personally, if they don't put down any more rocks/obstacles, I'll be happy. There's enough as far as I'm concerned. I like some, but not too much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguwin View Post
    Personally, if they don't put down any more rocks/obstacles, I'll be happy. There's enough as far as I'm concerned. I like some, but not too much.
    I agree totally. That is why I skip the x and xx loop.....to many log piles and rocks and well, the silly step climbs that go on forever!

With the exception of putting rock or wood down to armor a wet area or other soft area, I don't see a need to put that stuff down on the trail. If people want to ride skill stuff, have an area for that or make it an alternate line off the main trail.

The first 1/2 of the intermediate loop has too many rocks in places, it is an intermediate loop, and the beginning of the 2nd 1/2 has too many rocks scattered throughout the trail. Besides that, most of the intermediate is a lot of fun and some good riding.

mtbr member
    Leb remains the best the trail in the Twin Cities. I'm personally not a fan of log piles for the sake of logs piles, but I enjoy the rock gardens and step ups as they imitate, at least to some degree, what you might encounter on more advanced trails elsewhere.

The distance and flow offered by the balance of the trail system is excellent if the X and XX are not for you.
    Professional Amateur