No more mountain bikes at Lutsen- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That is really sad............looks like the full on bike haters are making inroads.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah. Why?

That was the coolest place to bike. Sucks big time.

MORBID
    That blows. There is so much potential there...
    MORBID - Minnesota Off Road Bikers Into Drinking

Living the thug life.
    I guess it does not surprise me. When I was there this summer the trails seemed neglected. The only riders I saw were a couple of wealthier people there on vacation that thought they would rent mountain bikes and ride them back from the Gondola top.

No more horses are a surprise. They seemed to be busy with them.

From the website:
    "Due to growing concerns regarding liability issues and our environmental objectives related to the Poplar River, Lutsen Mountains regrets to inform our guests that we will no longer be offering mountain biking or horseback riding as part of our summer activities roster."

Enivironmental concerns? That river is pretty cool on their property, though.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Logantri
    I guess it does not surprise me. When I was there this summer the trails seemed neglected. The only riders I saw were a couple of wealthier people there on vacation that thought they would rent mountain bikes and ride them back from the Gondola top.

No more horses are a surprise. They seemed to be busy with them.

From the website:
    "Due to growing concerns regarding liability issues and our environmental objectives related to the Poplar River, Lutsen Mountains regrets to inform our guests that we will no longer be offering mountain biking or horseback riding as part of our summer activities roster."

Enivironmental concerns? That river is pretty cool on their property, though.
    There is so much hypocracy in thier statement. I see parralels to Buck Hill.............in the early 90s there was a ton of unused land...................on a recent visit back, there were condos on all of that area..............maybe Lutsen sees more return in developeing vacation properties!?

the WALKING DEAD
    Jun 2006
    I rode Lutsen 2 years ago and didn't like it much. I agree with the other poster that the trails seemed poorly maintained. The trails were not very well laid out either. It is too bad they are closing, but if they ever reopen, they should hire those MORC guys to map out better more maintainable trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Alternate

Well, there's always spirit mountain...

mtbr member

No good

That does suck! I live like 45 minutes away from there and I wanted to try it out this summer! I agree with the other poster though, they didn't focus very much on their trails, more on the Alpine Slide in the summer.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Ooh wow that does suck...........wtf are they thinking Lutsen has so much potential to be a super place to ride too ! I am really disappointed with this news.........like mentioned they need peeps that know how to better design and maintain the trails ! TIG.

Members who have read this thread: 0