New Trail Started at Blue Mound Wisconsin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Trail Started at Blue Mound Wisconsin

Saturday May 14th at Blue Mound State Park, Karl Heil the Park Manager gave his approval for the second section of new trail in Pleasure Valley. We now have official approval for the first mile of new trail.

We have started construction and are 300 yards into what will be a 3+ mile expansion of the existing 7.5 mile trail system. The new area will offer more vertical but will ride faster if you have the legs (uphill) or follow the law of gravity (downhill). We have completed the initial construction of the new "South Park" boulder field-stunt area for those who want to fly.

There are only two offical wordays remaining this season. Sunday May 22nd and our big Trails Day celebration on June 4th. The Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources will be sending out a representative June 4th to see the new trail, and the participation of the mountain biking community in making it happen.

Blue Mounds State Park is about 5 miles west of Mount Horeb Wisconsin on State Highway 18/151 on the Blue Mounds Village exit. We work from 10 AM to 2 PM. Hope to see you there.

Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks to my new and regular helpers yesterday!

Now that we have an area for tough and trick riding I ask that people please respect the park rules, hikers, and absolutely do not make any new lines that have not been flagged and approved. Please do not blow the incredible privileges, opportunities and respect that are the results of several volunteers working several years. If you want something different and new lines the channel to get it is via Karl the head ranger and the CORP club.

The past two work days concentrated on the South Park area, and the next two will concentrate on Pleasure Valley trail. I will consider leading work just for the South Park area if a people are interested. I have the email messages enabled in my MTBR profile. I will also announce South Park work dates there later to make sure the area has several lines done by the end of the season.

Please consider joining the work days in Pleasure Valley. It is very much different than the mound. It will be very fast riding compared to anything else in the park, have stream crossings, and has an area just made for a high g-force switch back longer than Cam-Rock's.

Thank you.