New single track at Greenbush?- Mtbr.com
    Roc
    mtbr member

New single track at Greenbush?

New single track at Greenbush? well that's the rumor I heard can anyone verify it?

=========
    You can read about it here
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I checked out the new singletrack when I was last there in late July or so. It's north of the purple loop and you can see parts of it from the purple loop trail if you look out underneath the tree canopy. It looks like it's designed to be in the woods just behind the group camp sites in that part of the forest. I rode a bit of it, but this was when we had that crazy dry spell so the track was very soft and powdery. Looks like a solid layout. Reminded me a lot of OverLode at Blue Mounds. Almost the whole trail is a bench cut into the hills - some pretty serious benchcutting in some areas, like 3 foot ledge on the uphil side. Don't know how that is going to hold up, or did hold up with the heavy rains. It looks like it will be fast and rather tame when complete. I didn't see any rock gardens (no rocks in the area) or any technical sections besides a few short climbs. I don't know where the official trail head will be, but I was able to access it from a small inlet by the chalet/warming hut at the north parking lot. I would imagine it's getting more wore in with all the rain and probably a bit of traffic over the last few weeks. Anyone been out there in last few weeks?

Roc
    mtbr member

I like it.

I rode the new Greenbush single track this last weekend, I think it's very promising and a huge improvement over the old biking/ski trails that I would normally ride their. I rode my new SS bike, Man was that a blast! I can't wait to ride it again, the bike is northing fancy but just pure fun, I had absolutely no problems on the climbs it sometimes felt like I was actually climbing faster who knows though I could of just been having a good day.

Being a resident of Oshkosh I am pumped about the new Single track, Greenbush is the closest trail to my house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No longer 26
    I also road it this past week. I did like it but would also like to see some human made trail there as well. Of course volunteers are difficult etc but a few more tight twists and turns mixed in with the machine made trail would be even an additional bonus as they put in even more trail.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    hey i go to the uw osh, how far is greenbush from campus?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Greenbush is about 20 miles west of Fond Du Lac on highway 23. I'd say it's a solid 50 minutes from Oshkosh via car depending how timely you can get through Fondy.

Roc
    mtbr member
    40 minutes, maybe a little more from campus, I'm close to the highway.

mtbr member
    oh bummer, well if its good ill still have to check it out

Members who have read this thread: 0