New Minooka Loop Open!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New Minooka Loop Open!

For anyone that does't know, Minooka Park has expanded its mountain bike trail. The original loop is 1.5 miles of very easy single track. The new loop is approximately 4 miles (Strava says it is 4.2 miles) and is a lot more technical/fun than the beginner loop.

Minooka Park Mountain Bike Trail in Waukesha, Wisconsin || SINGLETRACKS.COM

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by insguy 2 View Post
    I watched the whole video and didn't see much difference in the trail from start to finish. The trail description was labeled as a beginner trail. Is the video of the new loop mentioned by the OP. Are there any trails in Wisconsin that there needs to be a higher level of skill to ride them? Can you direct me to some videos that show what the more advanced trails are like?

Do you have trails that have this kind of character (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH_Bt-afOag)? The video is of a user created trail that hikers and mountain bikers share. Do hikers share your more advanced mountain bike trails in Wisconsin?
    The video in the link is of the 1.5 mile beginner loop, and most of those reviews are of the beginner loop. The new loop just opened April of this year and the park hasn't put any signs up for it yet, but it is built and open to ride on. I would consider this new loop an intermediate trail, and from what I have read that is what the Park intended it to be. They also have plans for an advanced loop as well.

I am relatively new to mountain biking and have only made it out to my local trails, so I can't comment on what the rest of Wisconsin has to offer.

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    Please don't reply, insguy 2 is banned user traildoc. he is only here to stir up trouble.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    The new portion at Minooka is MUCH better and more fun than the original 1.5 field loop! It's a nice mix to now have that easy field loop and the wooded flowing trail. I wouldn't say it's very technical in terms of rocks/roots, but the constant winding and curves make it more challenging for new riders. It was a VERY slow ride for me when I looked at overall time vs miles rode, but not for lack of effort. The constant short up and down climbs keep your heart rate going. It's just funny to me to ride it twice (just under 8 miles and have it take about 65 minutes) when I'm used to riding a Blue Loop with Gnome loop at John Muir in 65-75 minutes. A great trail to switch things up!

mtbr member
    Reviving a dead thread of mine to say that Minooka is turning out to be a great little trail. They just recently opened up a longer version of the blue loop, it added about a mile to the loop for a total of ~5.5 miles.

I definitely recommend checking it out if you live near Waukesha.
    2019 Trek Stache 5
    2013 Trek Marlin - For Sale