New to Madison: Freeride help needed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

New to Madison: Freeride help needed

Hey guys. Just moved into Madison for school 4 days ago, but so far I have ridden Quarry Park and Blue mounds. I was really impressed with blue mounds, although I'm not much for peddeling. Anyways, I was thinking of checking out quarry ridge tommorow cuz I heard some nice freeride features have been built in. I have a giant reign that I rode at Mounds, but need to replace the fork oil, so I was thinking of taking my DH team bike there. Is it strictly drops, or is it trails, which would mean hike-a-bike stuff? Oh yea, I saw some vids for a DH race at devils head. Any chance of other DH races around this fall, and also if any ski areas have DH trails. Thanks for any help, but I need some stuff to hold me over.

Josh

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    the race at Devils Head is no more, but i think you are still allowed to ride the course, but do take note, no one does any trail work there so it might be out of commission. you just missed it, there was a race at Nordic Mt ski hill like a couple weeks ago. if you have a car or can carpol w/ someone on Sept28 there is a DH/DS race and dirt jam 4 hours south in Peoria, Illinois. www.pambamtb.org you wont find to much like what you had out east, but we make due w/ what we got. im not sure of any other places in the South Wis, Northern Illinois area. PM Madtownfreerider, i know he has been pretty active w/ builfing some of the freeride area around Madison. or check out www.rivendownhill.com those are the guys that put on the Subaru Cup DH

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks buddy. Sucks I missed out on those, but Ill try devils head one day this fall. Its unfortunate lift access hasn't come in yet around here, but since there seems to be a lot of good riders who love freeriding, I hope lift accessed riding is around the corner

mtbr member
    drop me a line if you want to hit quarry or bluemounds-

scott

Members who have read this thread: 0