My wife is at Mall of America- Mtbr.com
    Rocks Rock

My wife is at Mall of America

So I left Boise, ID 12/2 and went to North Boston for a buisness trip. The first two weeks I rode in Lynn Woods every night after work and a nice long Sunday ride... Even got up to Rockport and rode in Dogtown for the first time, Bill showed me around. So the first two weeks were snowy on and off but melted just enough that a hardy rider like myself got out and busted thru the snow. Week three how ever was a total lose until Sunday 12/23, when it got to nearly 50 degrees. I went to Cape Cod for the first time and rode the Trail of Tears. Not very technical but a great spin thru the woods. Just had to push thru some short streches of 4" of slushy snow and up some hills that had a couple inches of slushy snow. There was still way to much snow in North Boston to ride up there.
    Now I am staying near the Mall of America for a few days and still have my bike with me because I haven't been home from Boston yet. The shuttle driver that brought me to the hotel said I could get on the light rail, ride into Minneapolis and pedal around some of the lakes. He said they keep some paths pretty much clear of snow and ice. Are there any more adventurous trials a hardy rider like myself could ride? Without studs? 2.35 Kenda Navgels do fine in a couple inces of snow or on frozen mud, but not so good on ice.
    Thanx and Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    you will want to check out www.morcmtb.org for all of the trail info for MN.

More specifically, check out the trail conditions for Lebanon Hills in Eagan, MN in this thread. The newest post is usually the most current trail info.

http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/showth...070#post261070

You should be ok w/ 2.3', just lower your tier pressure and spin an easy gear. Unless you have a Surly Pugs you will likely have a ride/ walk ratio around 80% / 20%.

Rocks Rock

Thanx Dude

I just signed up for that site and will be checking it out more thru the week. If anyone is riding some place I can get to on the light rail Wednesday or Friday this week I'd love to join yawl.
    Am I being kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0