Must Ride Places in the Cities?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Must Ride Places in the Cities?

I will be in Roseville for training 4-12 and 4-13. I would like to hit some singletrack in the evenings and need help with recommended routes and or locations. I have my sites set on Lebanon Hills for one evening maybe two. Is everything pretty self explanatory or am I liable to possibly miss some of the more techy stuff if I don't know where I am going? BTW I prefer the techy XC singletrack stuff much more than doubletrack.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Most Twin Cities trails are pretty easy to follow. Pretty much all of it is singletrack. Lebanon Hills, Elm Creek, Theodore Wirth, Murphy-Hanrehan, and Carver Lake are some popular trails with good signage and maps. Check out MORC's website for more trail info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Lebanon, and Murphy-Hanrehan are south of the cities a bit. Carver lake is just west in Woodbury. Battle creek is an excellent trail, but may be hard to follow if you don't have a guide, as there are no signs, and no real "right" way to ride it (other than my way).

Lebanon, Murphy, and Carver, I don't think are open, but Battle Creek in St. Paul is open, and dries out pretty quickly when it does precipitate.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by twarner21609 View Post
    Lebanon, and Murphy-Hanrehan are south of the cities a bit. Carver lake is just west in Woodbury. Battle creek is an excellent trail, but may be hard to follow if you don't have a guide, as there are no signs, and no real "right" way to ride it (other than my way).

Lebanon, Murphy, and Carver, I don't think are open, but Battle Creek in St. Paul is open, and dries out pretty quickly when it does precipitate.
    Yep, most trails haven't opened yet so check the trail conditions on the MORC site. Many trails are very close to opening, so keep checking.