Muir tomorrow....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Muir tomorrow....

Heading 2 hours north to hit John Muir tomorrow. Gonna head out early to beat the possible rain/storms and Im wonderin whats the earliest I can head out onto the trails?? Is there a time the park opens or is it always open?

Called up today and asked about the trail conditions and we're good to go (as of now) but completely forgot to ask about opening times and now its too late.

Also, about how far north of 12 on Cty hwy H is the trailhead?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Since it's a State Forest, I think there's an "official" time that the park opens and closes (6AM - 11PM). However, no one would ever stop you if you arrived earlier than 6. Also, you can self-register for a trail pass / car pass at the gate.

The trailhead is only about a mile (if that) north of 12 on H. It'll be on your left.

Enjoy. Wish I was there, too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Awesome, thanks a bunch! Already have both my state park sticker and trail pass, just gotta dodge the damn rain..grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    if it rains help out the irregular trailbuilding crew , its their last work day and i hear theyve got beeer

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Ended up not going due to the weather, damn, would've loved to have helped if I had known. It figures, ya take a vacation day off work, get lucky that the trail is dry and a damn gullywasher has to come rollin in and I just didnt want to chance it.

Members who have read this thread: 0