Moving to MN from CT- Mtbr.com
    jbf
    mtbr member

Moving to MN from CT

OPPS, MEANT CT TO MN

Thinking of taking a job in Minneapolis. I love my current New England terrain. I just got back from Whistler (River Runs thru It, Comfortably Numb) and found BC terrain surprisingly similar to CT. What do you guys have in MN? I know its a stupid question that could be answered with some research, but I need a FAST ANSWER. The job market sucks and I need to move fast! Thanks ...
    Last edited by jbf; 09-09-2009 at 09:31 PM.

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by jbf
    OPPS, MEANT CT TO MN

Thinking of taking a job in Minneapolis. I love my current New England terrain. I just got back from Whistler (River Runs thru It, Comfortably Numb) and found BC terrain surprisingly similar to CT. What do you guys have in MN? I know its a stupid question that could be answered with some research, but I need a FAST ANSWER. The job market sucks and I need to move fast! Thanks ...
    You'll probably get better info faster at http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I might be able to help.

I was born and raised in WI (but have ridden all over the country), and moved to CT (Hartford area) a couple of years ago. The terrain in MN is very similar to WI, generally flat and not very rocky (a few exceptions). If you like technical, you will be really, really disappointed. Plus on average it is at least 10 degrees cooler in winter, which makes a big difference.

On the plus side, from what I hear Minneapolis is a pretty fun place to be.

dumb ass
    where would you be moving to?? dulluth/northshore area or the metro??

dulluth is hilly/rocky, the metro isn't...

go here www.morcmtb.org
    Baby seal walks into a club.

Members who have read this thread: 0