Moving to MN- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moving to MN

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Moving to MN

Hey guys I will be moving to MN (twin cities) this spring, I was wondering if there are any sort of All Mountain or technical FR trails in the state or near by states?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Not sure that there is a lot of that around, but I'm pretty new to more serious mtb riding. MORC website is a good resource for local info. What area are you moving to?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    not a whole lot of elevation in the immediate TC area, but Leb (south side) has reputation as pretty technical with some man made features and Murphy (further southside) is new but really starting to come together nicely. Hillside (northwestish) is supposed to be pretty good, the trailboss is nuts (not literally) so I think they are adding a few more of the wooden features. An hour to the south is red wing which has some elevation and fairly technical options, including the closest thing MN will ever come to a dh trail. an hour past that is winona with some of the most rugged/rocky trails in the state. two hours to the north is duluth and they have some trails that I hear are good although haven't ridden.
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    Only thing I'd define as DH/FR around this area is about 7 hours from the cities in Marquette, MI. The things I'd give to bring that network of trails within a reasonable distance of 'home'.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    or bring home within a reasonable distance from that network of trails.
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Dead Milkmen

Don't forget Wisconsin! Levis-Trow Mounds between Niellsville and Merrilan on Hwy 95 and up in Hayward/ Cable there is a lot of great riding at Fish Hatchery/Makwa trails, Ojibwe at Mt. Telemark, and Rock Lake/Namakagon in Namakagon. Levis-Trow would be best for skills, technical, and some downhilling. Lucy's Loop is the skills trail, but there is alot there to ride. And some great boulder riding over at the Nicolet-Roche trail in Langlade. All within 4 hours + or - from the cities. After winter of course! It's time to cross country ski.

Members who have read this thread: 0